Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Lacey Ross

I sighed.
It probably was all just a hallucination. I put my face in my hands. Not daring to cry.

"Brendon." she said softly. Maybe it wasn't a hallucination. I looked up. And there she was, perfect and beautiful as usual.

"What was that?" I asked puzzled.

"Don't ever speak that wretched man's name in front of me. Even if he is my father." she said. I fully understood. She was never close to her father. She smiled and walked over to me, burying her face in my chest again. She still smelled like flowers.

"Brendon?" she whispered.

"Yes?"

"Are you mad at me for leaving?" she looked incredibly sad. I stared right into her pale blue eyes. How could I be mad at her?

"Of course not." I said. She seemed less tense after I said that.

"I love you Brendon." she mumbled.

"I love you too."
***************
"What is the Cyrk?" I asked confused.

"Do you notice anything odd about us?" Alexandria asked.

"You glow?" it came out as a question, even though it was like the most obvious thing about them.

"Ding ding ding! Give the pretty girl a prize!" William shouted. Alexandria looked somewhat amused by his reaction.

"I still don't know what you guys are, and why you seem so amazed I can see you." I said.

"Do you believe in ghosts?" Alexandria questioned. I had to think about that one.

"Well...no. But I am a doll, and I'm not really supposed to be alive. So, I don't really know. It was only about a day ago I found out that Magicians and Witches existed...so I guess there could be more weird things that I don't know about." I said. I was still trying to figure out why in the world Alex would ask me that question-
I smacked my hand against my forehead.
Oh.
William chuckled.
"So...you're ghosts?"

"No! Those things are ugly and scary looking!" Will looked offended.

"We're souls." Alex decided to be less embarrassing.

"We won't be able to go wherever you go after you die until the Phantom dies. But it's irritating, since he never seems to die. We are free when our killers dead." Will concluded.

"I still don't get why I can see you and other people supposedly can't." I bit my lip, still trying to think of a reasonable explanation.

"You have Lacey's necklace." Alex whispered. I could tell she was trying to be quiet so Will couldn't hear.

"You don't have to whisper. I can hear you anyways. Either way it won't bring her back." William sighed. His happy-go-lucky mood was long gone.

"You loved her didn't you?" I asked, secretly crying on the inside for him. It must hurt loosing someone you love.

"Yes."

"So was she Ryan's grandmother? Brendon said it belonged to her." I said.

"NO!" Will almost yelled. Alex shot him a look and he calmed down immediately, "I mean no. Do I look like I would infatuate myself with way older women than myself?"

"Well..." I didn't really know what to say to him after his little outburst. Apparently, his love for this Lacey was still deep.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. Would you like me to tell you about her?" Will apologized.

"Yes." I nodded eagerly. Alex looked uncomfortable with the idea, but held her tongue no less.

"Lacey is Ryan's younger sister. Exactly two years I think, it's a wonder how they had the same birthday. She was engaged to a man who came from a rich family. I think his name was Patrick...Patrick something. But he was an incredibly nice man. Lacey adored him, but she liked him as a best friend, not fiance. The two were forced by their unhealthy rich parents to marry, you can never have enough money in the family right?
I had known who she was, but she had no idea I existed.
Anyways,
it was the day of the wedding. Ryan had gone off to college, at least that's what his parents thought. He was actually in France studying and training to be a Magician. He would not be able to make the trip down to London to see his beloved sister wed. I was a local blacksmith, an underground Magician, middle-class, and it was time for me, in my father's eyes, to be wedded soon. He was at the River Thames fishing, or doing who knows what. I was, of course, at the shoppe working.
One of Lacey's horse's shoe came loose and if they didn't find another shoe fast, then she was going to be unable to make it to the wedding. Luckily, my shoppe wasn't very far, and she came in asking my assistant if we had a spare shoe. He said that he didn't know and to ask me for he was on his lunch break. I saw her, she saw me. We kissed, and it felt so right. One thing led to another..." William paused, he was probably remembering the day he first really laid eyes on Lacey, "We fell in love almost immediately. She was already terribly late for her wedding, but she didn't care.
We ran away together.
Far.
Then of course the Phantom came about two years later. Killing me in my sleep.
She was devastated.
She couldn't see me, but I could see her. She eventually found out about the cults and that Ryan was a part of one of them, the one I was a part of. Ryan vaguely remembered me for I think that we met at some assembly. Ryan felt horrible that his sister was filled with grief that I had died. He convinced a witch to make the necklace. It allowed it's owner to see us. He gave it to her for a birthday present. We were happy again. I loved her so much.
She caught a virus three years later and died. On her death bed she told Ryan to keep the necklace safe and to only give it to someone he trusted. And that necklace is now obtained by you. He must really love you." he sighed.

"Yes. I love him."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah! Its done and longer than usual.
commentsRkewl

OK, so this is totally irrelevant to my story but watch this!!
For all of you who don't know, a couple days ago Patrick Stump came out with a new single called Open Happiness. Featuring Travis from Gym Class Heroes, Cee-lo, BRENDON URIE, and many more.
The link is the new Coca Cola commercial that has the song in it.
Comment or reply to tell me what you think!