Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

How I Hate These Reeking Smells

I stared at her.
Could he have...
No. I wouldn't think about it.
But-

The rats grew more and more numerous. It got to a point where I wasn't even sure we were in Harlequin Theatre anymore, all these rats! Disgusting.

"Yuck." Sereina grumbled stepping quickly away from a rat with one eye. I had some strange feeling to shout out randomly that we should name it One-sy. Though I have no idea why. You can't really blame her for flinching away from it, it did look...grotesque. The squeaks of the vermin became louder and louder, almost to a point where I could barely hear. She covered her ears with her hands and burried her face into my chest.
I decided that standing around wouldn't get us anywhere, we were going to find where that smell was coming from, we were going to find that Phantom, and we were going to find Clair. Although I still didn't know what Serenia's opinion of her would be, yet.
The rats became more and more frequent each step we took towards the back of the stage. They semed to be swarming around the costume closet's door...then going inside it.
Great, now the murderer, whoever it was, stashed his victim in the closet.
And not just any closet.
The costume closet.
And now it reeked of rat and something decaying.

Maybe it was only an animal in there, a large animal.
Yeah.
A large animal, that's all it was. Nothing human-

"Oh Lord." Serenia gasped as she strategicaly opened the door. Careful not to step on any of the rats. There had to be at least 200 rats in there.
Or at least more rats than I had ever saw in one room at once.
Rats on the racks filled with priceless costumes.
Rats on the make up table, scattering powder and smearing lip stick on it. They were like a living powder puff. A reeking, black one...with beady red eyes. Who could forget the eyes?
And in the middle of the room, where most of the rats dwelled, was a body. Literaly being ripped apart to shreds. The rats had done so much damage it was almost impossible to distinguish the face on the being.

"Close your eyes." I whispered. She nodded her head and stifled a tear. The sight of the body was dreadful. Not only did a disfigured body lay infront of us, but there was blood everywhere.
Everywhere.
It stunk even more than it had before.

"Brendon," Serenia choked, maybe of the smell or maybe because she was on the verge of tears, "I don't think that's your ballerina."

She was right.
It was one of my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't like this chapter. It's crappy.
Don't you hate me for leaving off at a time such as this? LOL.
Ok if I dont get enough comments, Im not updating.
Period.

Haha. But you all know I love you right? Yay. Good, you do.