Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Warning

"She's beautiful." a voice said.

"I know." a more harsh tone was used. Footsteps neared the sleeping figure.

"Does she know how to dance?" the first voice asked.

"We'll see." the second one said. Seconds later a door slammed from the opposite end of the room.
**********************
I woke up with a pain in my head.
"Good, you're up." a familiar voice said. I turned around, it was Ryan."You need to go to Anjelah right away." I couldn't help but to recognize that he was quite attractive and seemed kind.

"But my head-"

"Bother your head." he interrupted me. Never mind, cute and rude, "Now remember: do not talk out of turn, talk back, and do what you are paid to do at all times. No dilly dallying." Ryan said handing me a white dress and ballet slippers.

"I'm going to dance?" I questioned.

"You are going to be the new prima ballerina of The Dark Masquerade. You better pay attention to Anjelah, she'll teach you everything." Ryan nodded.

"Prima ballerina." I muttered to myself. I got the dress on my body easily, but I had trouble with the slippers. I didn't know if it was my lack of experience or if it was just that Ryan's presence intimidated me. Ryan sensed my trouble and helped me tie my slipper properly, "There!" he said triumphantly.

"Where is Anjelah?" I asked.

"Last room, down the hall." he said. I turned toward the door with grace I had not known I had. Just as I reached for the door handle something grabbed my arm.

"Let go-" I gasped but a hand found its way over my mouth.

"Don't let curiosity get the best of you." Ryan said. Fear jolted through my spine. He kissed my cheek sending ghostly butterflies to fly around inside my porcelain stomach. What was The Dark Masquerade?
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin with this chapter! Comment/Message/Subscribe...... whatev.