Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

How Things Have Changed

Gabe was right.
How come everything seemed incredibly different?
I was gone for what? An hour? And now everything seems so out of place.

"Maybe we should go in." Pete suggested. We all stared at him with disbelief.

"Are you crazy?" William yelled, "I refuse to go into that rat infested building!"

"You're starting to sound like Clair." Gabe interjected. No duh Gabe.

"How come this all seems so familiar?" Pete wondered out loud, I put on my confused face.

"You don't think..." Will trailed off, what's with it with people and their secrets? I mean, I could totally keep a secret! I'd only tell Ryan...but that Ryan, they knew him like he was on the back of their hands.

"No-he can't. He can't possibly want to repeat what he did last time!" Gabe frowned. This was getting frustrating. I didn't have a clue what the all were discussing amongst themselves.
A light, but persuasive breeze interrupted all talking. It made me shiver, and though it probably didn't effect them, Gabe, Will, and Pete shivered also. Probably out of fear or something.

"Maybe we should..." Will said.

"I agree, it's cold...let's just go in." Pete rushed out too fast to be normal. Gabe shot him a look that said way to go moron, now she knows exactly what we were trying to hide from her. Oh, but I had no idea what they were talking about. Now they all were just quiet and I had no hope of them accidentally reveling something. Darn it.
We all took cautious steps toward the building. The disgusting creatures seemed to be backing up. Backing away from us even.
I was relieved that they were, but also suspicious. Most of the time the rats would just walk wherever they wanted to. Not paying much attention to where, when, or even if someone was stepping on them. Now they were all just retreating to the sewers or inside Harlequin Theatre.
I just hoped it wasn't his doing.
Yes, I wouldn't even let myself think of his wretched name.
This made me think,
before he was a murderer...before, when he was civilized. I mean he did have a daughter, Serenia Dowes. Was his last name Dowes? I highly doubted it, Ryan said that he and she weren't that close...Serenia probably would have been using her mother's name.
Her mother.
Of course she had to have a mother- although she probably was dead already. He must've been an extremely pleasant person to be around before all of the massacring. I'm not even sure if that is even a word.
Did he have a name?
I wondered...

"You go first." Pete said, childishly hiding behind Will and me. Gabe frowned at him.

"Why don't you go in first Will?" Gabe asked hopefully.

"I can't, you have to. I have to make sure Clair is safe." Will said. I smiled at him, thanking him inside for not making me go inside.

"Fine!" Gabe grumbled throwing up his hands in defeat. He took a hesitant step foreword, one foot in front of the other. He shook as he walked up the marble steps with gold in lain inside them. It was like he was expecting them to break or something.

"They're as hard as rock!" I yelled...well, they were rock. Gabe let out a small shriek.

"Don't scare me like that!" he half wailed half sniffed. I thought he was joking, but his pitiful glowing eyes told me a different story. He was scared, completely scared.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, Will kissed my forehead reassuringly.

Finally, after about five minutes of cautious step climbing we arrived at the front door. It looked like it did when I left, only more old.
This all didn't make any sense. I'd just wish that one of the boys would explain all this to me. It seemed as if I needed an explanation for everything now. My life was so peaceful before Brendon found me at the shoppe. Although the previous life that I was living was barely a life at all. I didn't really remember anything from when I was in the shoppe.
William sighed, seeing no one had the guts to open the door, and did it all himself.
I stood awed.

How things have changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
READ//READ//READ//READ//READ//READ//
So it seems no one really read my memo in my previous chapter. So I'll put it up again.

Ok, so like I need a new character in my story. And since so many people are reading this, I thought it would be a good idea to use one of your guy's name as the new character!! So message or comment me on what your name is...and then we'll just have to see which one(s) I use!

yayness!! commentsRkewl