Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Serenia Hated, Lacey Loved

"See you? Of course I can see you!" the Phantom's laughs rumbled, "I killed you!"
Pete looked a cross between shocked and embarassed.
So recap,
I can see the Cyrk and the souls.
The Phantom can see the Cyrk and the souls.
And the souls can see the Cyrk and the souls.


But the last one was a little bit obvious.

"But the real question is, how can you see them m'dear?" the Phantom said. And of course, him meaning you meant me. And now I had no other choice but to answer.

Would William want me to tell? Would he mind?
He would mind.
I knew him for less than 4 hours and I knew that already.

"She has this weird ability." Pete stated. He was clearly thinking the same thing I was thinking. The Phantom seemed unconvinced.

"Weird ability?" the Phantom frowned.

"N-n-no." Pete stuttered.

"Lies!" the Phantom growled. He got up to slap Pete across the face. But I had no idea how he was going to do that, Pete was on the other side of the bed.

"I have Lacey's necklace." I blurted out, immediately regretting the words as they came out. Pete gave me one of those look what you did now faces.

"Lacey?" the Phantom was taken aback, "Lacey Ross?"
The hood atop his head fell gracefully down to his shoulders revealing a man's face.
No hint of the monstrosity or ugliness like I thought he would have was there.
All that was was just a plain, kind face. No strings attatched.
How could I stay mad at this man?
He did not look like he was capable of murdering so many people.

"You know her?" Pete asked.

"Of course, she was- she was Serenia's best friend when she was little." the Phantom looked off into space.

"So you liked her?"

"Liked her?" he sounded hysterical, "I loved her! She was the daughter that I wanted! Not some measly girl like Serenia. I hate Serenia. She was all but a mistake."
Maybe I could hate him...

"How could you think your own daughter was a mistake?" Pete shouted. He was getting angry, and it get's scary when Pete get's angry. But I couldn't blame him, who would hate their own daughter?

"I loathe Serenia." he spat her name like it was a disgusting animal...like a rat, "I'd want Lacey as a daughter any day!" he reminiced about her, it was sickening and sweet at the same time.
"I-I thought she would understand that I didn't want any kids. None at all when I was with her. But-" he paused, "I guess she didn't. And now I have this daughter I don't even want."

"You would disown your own child?" I asked horrified. He nodded his head weakly.

"Lacey was so...perfect. So, so happy! Everything I could want in a child was her. I used to not like kids but when Serenia brought her home for a playdate in preschool, it changed my mind about them." he smiled at the thought of her.

"You're sick." Pete muttered.

"Who's she?" I asked.

"Ruthanne." he grimiced. His face showed affection for her and hatred for her. If that even makes any sense.

"Don't you miss her at all?" Pete sighed.

"Not one bit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to after the tone, she let me use her name! XD
Ruthanne...such a pretty name don't you think?
LOL.
JOIN THE COMMENT CLUB!!!!