Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Thrust Into a Mirror

"You're unbelievable." Pete muttered. The Phantom chuckled.
His apparent red eyes were actually light hazel.

"Ruthanne..." the Phantom sighed, "I fell in love with her in my early adulthood. Married her right after she got out of college. We started off happy- then she just had to want a baby. She knew it wasn't good for me, with my job and stuff. I couldn't be juggling family life with the Illusionists. The Illusionists were much more important than her...it almost hurts saying it. But it's true."

"But you wanted Lacey as a daughter." I was confused, "Why didn't you want Serenia? Your real daughter."

"Lacey was different..." the Phantom smiled at himself again, what a creep, "Maybe it was because she was much more happier than Serenia, maybe it was because she was something I couldn't have." he was a sick man. Sick and wrong and disgusting, "But she disappeared right before she was going to get married to her fiancé Patrick. I tried to find her but it was impossible because I didn't have any leads to where she might be.
A couple years passed and everyone forgot she even existed. Everyone except me. I kept on searching. I still couldn't find her. Then, I was called to assasinate all the Magicians. I went into each members house at night and slit their throats. One by one they died. I got to the south end of town and entered the house of William Beckett. I had heard that he was a devoted Magician for years. He was, as I hoped, sleeping soundly in bed. I took out my knife and just as I was about to slit his throat...she was right there. Sleeping peacefully next to him. Lacey...the Lacey I wanted all those years ago. I hesitated killing him, but with heavy heart I did. I-"

"Stop!" I screamed, "Just shut up you...you-"

"Clair..." Pete warned. I calmed down fast. The Phantom seemed pleased with himself.

"I must go now." the Phanom said, "Come with me." he said, I guessed he was talking to both of us. I got up from the comfortable bed and followed Pete, who was following the Phantom. I lightly laid my hand on Pete's hand-cuffed one. He smiled weakly at me, "Pete, in here." the Phantom said motioning to a room. Pete nodded and proceeded inside. The Phantom closed and locked the door...like he was going to escape or something. The poor guy was hand-cuffed! The Phantom made me walk a couple more paces down to a mirror. I looked oddly at him.

"What's this?" I exclaimed. The Phantom grinned and grabbed my wrist. I winced as his skin came in contact with the cuts that I recieved earlier.

"You go in here." he said. I looked at the door sized mirror in confusion. He threw me toward it, and when I swore I was going to shatter it, it turned into a silver metallic pool. I went right through it. Inside was really nothing. Just shimmering blobs of color. Some of the blobs looked like faces. Familiar faces...
I remembered the time when Anjelah taught me how to dance, and when sometimes I would see Brendon and millions of dolls in the mirror. But everytime I would try to make sure that I wasn't just hallucinating it, they wouldn't be there.
I realized why the faces looked so familiar. The swirling blobs strangely looked like the faces in the mirror. The faces of the dolls.
But where was Brendon?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I had to go to the hospital because I thought I was going to die of the chills, coughing, and sneezing. It turned out I had the flu.
JOIN THE COMMENT CLUB!!!