Sequel: Only the Circus Knows

A Picturesque Score of Passing Fantasy

Plans

"He's got Brendon now?" I screamed. Serenia nodded her head, "But how?"

"Well..." she started, "we, uhm..."

"You don't need to tell us about that, what happened after?" Gabe insisted.

"Well, after we heard a noise, went out the bedroom, and noticed everything changed! The crowds outside were gone, all the crew were gone, and I wasn't even sure if we were even in Harlequin Theatre anymore!" she sobbed, "Then, father came up to both of us, well, at least I think it was father, and they disappeared! I didn't know what happened, I went around trying to find someone. And now here you are."

"We need to get Brendon back." I said.

"But how do you suppose we do that?" Gabe whined, "We're souls! Invisible to the outside world! What do you think we could possibly do?"

"I don't know!" I yelled, "Serenia, would you know where your father is?"

Serenia nodded her head, "He's either in the attic or behind some trap door or something." she said.

"Right! Off we go to the attic then!" I said.

"Hold up hold up hold up!" Gabe shook his head, "We're not going over there with a plan? What are we gonna do? Storm the attic and demand the prisoners free?"

"Uhm, yeah?" I said, the words coming out of my mouth seemed unsure of themselves. Serenia rocked back and forth on her heels.

"He can't see you right?" Serenia asked.

"I don't think so, why?" Gabe questioned.

"Then what do you have to loose?" she cried happily, "He can't see you."

"Yeah, but he can see you! And what if he can see us?" I tried being logical.

"It's a chance were going to have to take." she said.

"Then lead the way." Gabe smiled, and as childly as a full grown adult could be, started marching like a soldier towards the attic. I was afraid he was going to start singing a song or something.
Harlequin Theatre looked dreadfuly different now. It was probably the Phantom's doing. I've always hated the Phantom. He was always making Lacey frightened. She was convinced that he was stalking her for some reason, I never knew what that reason was anyway.

"The attic." Serenia whispered.
***************
"Clair?" I called, "Clair?"

"Really Ryan, why would Clair be in this sewer?" Jon whined.

"It's disgusting really." Spencer agreed.

"Well this might not be where she would choose to go, but what if she was forced here?" I said.

"Do you really think the Phantom would keep her down here?" Spencer asked.

"Probably not, he's more humane than that." Jon answered for me, "If I didn't know him better, I'd say that he put her somewhere where no one could get to her. Somewherewhere only he could get to her only."

"A mirror?" I rubbed my temples, "So are you proposing that we smash every single mirror in London to find her?"

"It's worth a try." Spencer mumbled.

"No, no it's not!" I raged, "We have to find her!"

"Maybe she's in Harlequin Theatre...by the way, how did we even get out of the theater?" Jon questioned, "We were backstage, waiting for Brendon's que to start the show. Then..."

"It's the Phantom's doing obviously." Spencer rolled his eyes, "He's probably creating an illusion."

"Yeah..." I trailed off, "But I don't think that that's Harlequin Theatre."

"What are you talking about? Harlequin Theatre is right-" Jon stopped, "What is that?"

"Looks like a dump." Spencer said.

"More like an old, ruined theater." I whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" Jon whispered to me.

"I don't know, places like these make me want to whisper." I rolled my eyes.

"Should we go inside?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, we came all this way, and I'm not leaving until we get Clair."

"She's probably in a mirror, and there's like, a billion mirrors in Harlequin Theatre." Jon said.

"Then we find the Phantom." I said.

"Find the Phantom." Spee grumbled, "That's suicide."

"What's the plan?" Jom asked. I grinned.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Gerard's birthday today! Say happy birthday Gee!
JOIN THE COMMENT CLUB! FOR GEE!!