Living Has Never Been so Hard

Chapter 2

Jeanne muffled a silent scream, one that was inaudible to one's ears. She ran across the hallway, tracing her fingers across the wall as she panted heavily. She didn't know why she was running or why her heart was racing, pumping an enormous amount of blood across her system.

The stench of rotten blood were strong and most of the walls were tainted with them. Jeanne found a door and tried to tug it open. However, luck wasn't on her side because without her knowing, a petite girl crawled up behind her and pulled her hair, tugging on it till it was on the verge of tearing out from Jeanne's scalp. Jeanne shrieked and her eyes widen, knowing that that was the end for her.

"Let me go!" Jeanne shouted in agony as Anna tugged harder on Jeanne's hair before giving a demonic laughter.

Anna's eyes were white and her mouth were bleeding with worms and maggots crawling in and out. It was like she's a zombie.

"This is revenge..." Anna whispered, almost smirking before licking Jeanne's forehead, getting a taste of her meal.

Jeanne froze and soon, without her knowing, her animal instinct took over and the Jeanne that was long buried under the skin arose from its slumber.

In a second, Jeanne threw Anna over her body and slammed her hard into the ground. Loud cracks were heard before Jeanne gritted her teeth and embraced herself for what she was going to do next. With massive force, Jeanne stomped hard. She stomped on Anna's face as if her life was on the line and it was. It all was on the line.

Jeanne woke up panting hard and sweat slowly trickled down the side of her face before dripping on her already stained pajamas. She took deep breaths to calm herself down as she pushed her hair back and slumped back against her bed frame.

"What the fuck was that?" Jeanne muttered under her breath as she pondered over the dream.

How the hell did she knew that that girl was Anna? She never saw her before, at least, that was what she thought but...

Must be the pills the doctor gave me. She convinced herself before dragging herself to the bathroom.

The sound of running waters calmed her down as she stared at the marble sink. She ran her fingers under it and smiled when the cold temperate waters splashed onto her fingers, instantly calming her down.

"This sucks..." Jeanne complained before washing her face.

Looking up to study her face, she could only stay speechless when the mirror didn't have her reflection on it. Instead, it belong to the person she would never expected to see.

"Bill?"

"Wha- What?" Bill snapped out of his thoughts before turning the tap off and wiped his face with a towel.

He threw the towel aside, which landed in the bathtub and walked groggily back to his bedroom before being greeted by Lily. Lily seductively wrapped her arms around her boyfriend before kissing him lightly. However, Bill wasn't entertained and decided to ignore her and head back to sleep.

Many things were going through his mind and one of them was how he was going to get Lily out of his life.

"Are you okay?" Lily asked, somewhat pissed off that her seduction skill wasn't working on Bill.

She was pissed off. Bill had never ignored her ever since they had started dating but ever since that day, that wretched day when Bill saw that girl, Bill had never showered her with any attention at all. That fucking girl wasn't even good looking anyway so why was Bill so preoccupied with that slut?

"Mm." Was all he answered as he silently prayed that Lily would just drop the subject and get to sleep so that Bill could connect things together.

I give up. Lily groaned and slammed onto bed, pulling the blankets close to her body before forcing herself to sleep.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. The clock went by. Tick Tock. Tick Tock and Bill was still wide awake. He tossed and turned and commanded his body to let him rest and sleep but none of his tactics were working. It was one of those days where Bill just couldn't sleep and he had a pretty good idea why.

"I need to talk to Gustav."

Gustav sat by the fireplace, knowing exactly that Bill was bound to ask and so did Jeanne. She might not find them now but he could see that the questions were slowly starting to crack her open.

Everything right then was just an illusion. It wasn't over until the curse says it was. He wasn't sure of how to break the curse and this time, he was determine to save them all from that curse of eternity. All he needed was the one girl that had the purity in her to pull them all out of the black hole. She almost did it. Not once, not twice but thrice. She almost succeeded the third time and this time, Gustav was pretty confident that she can break it all.

"Gustav. I'm very confused. Can you help me?" Bill pleaded, trying his best not to break.

Bill was so confused that he didn't know what was right for him anymore. He needed answers. He needed information. He needed that fucking girl whose name he doesn't even know!

"Please Gustav! What's happening to me?" Bill cried, screams forming at the back of his throat.

Gustav could only shook his head. They needed to find Jeanne fast before Bill was drove onto the edge of insanity.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo sorry for the long hiatus DX
I had to leave the Writting World for a while to concentrate on my upcoming O level exams, which are now over :D

I hope this is good DX
I kind of lost touch with my writting skills because I hadn't been writting for quite some time so my apologies if this is not up t your expectations.

Comments are deeply appreciated :D
Liebe dich!!