My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 15

Okay, this is a filler, Its kinda the reeeeeally important part i was talking about. Again I'm so sorry i hadn't updated in ages. Been busy and all, anyways here it is!:

It was beautiful. A flower garden that had probably been lost for years! Vines covered the walls on both inside and outside, that was probably why it was so difficult to find. It was over grown with flowers but it gave the place a magical air. The scent in here was heavenly. I closed the door behind me and walked in to get a better look around. There was a small pond with small fishes. There was a path that had somehow managed to be perfect but the bricks that made it up looked as though they were hundreds upon hundreds of years old. I walked down the small path past the flowers. I saw a strange object. It was like a sundial stand but with no sundial. I went up to get a closer look. It had writing, really old writing, the thing was covered with vines and I pulled them off. I read what it said.
Here lies her majesty Queen Vientiane Adelaide Léone the first ruler of V- whatever the word was, it was cut off by erosion but I didn’t take much notice of that. There was something else:
Léone that was my last name and apparently this woman was a queen. VAL her initials were my initials. I traced my finger over the writing. On the edges of it were strange carvings. I trace my fingers over the patterns and suddenly the thing opened up. What I thought was a crack through the middle of the writing was actually the opening to this strange object. Inside was a box and a key. I picked them up, there was nothing else in there. I closed the sundial like thing and went to sit on the swing that was in front. I unlocked the box and saw what was inside. First there was a piece of paper which I opened. The date was from the fifth century. I couldn’t believe it. As I read I noticed that I could understand what it was saying, as though whoever wrote it knew what type of language was used in this day.

To my Darling Descendent,
I understand you must be confused at how this has happened and who I am. I will start at the only place I can: the start. I had given birth to a son but I feared that his life would be in danger; there are people who want power for themselves, those people who will stop at no costs to hurt my descendents. Such a person happens to be my brother, Rathbornio. He wishes to kill my son so that he can become the king to our beautiful people. So although it pained me I sent my son Darren away. Jarren, the son of a close friend of mine took his place as ruler and was never told the truth. The whole thing was very secretive. I kept track of my first son. He married a human woman who had children. Then the children had children and so on until it led down, soon the knowledge of our people was soon forgotten but I knew that the name would always be passed down. My child, you have opened the stone, it was your finger, the finger of a Léone that fit perfectly. So it is up to you to watch over the people as being the true Queen. The powers have told me who it is and I believe in you…..Valdelle. We will be waiting.
Signed her majesty:
V.A.L

I didn’t understand it of course. As far as I was concerned I was not special in any way let alone a Royal of some kind.
But how did she know your name?
She could have meant someone else
How many people do you know with the name Valdelle? I gulped
None
Exactly
Okay, this was a long time ago, kings and queens don’t exist anymore
Whatever
I looked what else was inside the box. I opened another small hatch. Inside was a picture of a woman…who looked a lot like me. Under the picture it said her name. Then there was a small string up bag. It was made of thick material. I opened it, inside I could see a beautiful stone I opened it and put it on my hand, as soon as the smooth rock touched my skin I felt a burn it where it touched. It was the meaty part under the thumb.
“Ow!!” I said and took the stone off, on my hand where the stone had been was a strange marking. A marking I had noticed on the walls of Jay’s mansion. It was the shape of a Rose, a perfect outline with a small stalk and all. It was beautiful. I looked on the stone and read what it said on the back.
Thou stone shalt mark the true ruler of thy people
I would have to find a way to hide this mark somehow. My hand was tingly, this was really weird. I looked through what else there was. There was a necklace which the stone clipped into perfectly. I felt the bottom, there was nothing else but the box looked bigger than that. I looked on the outside. The same patterns like on the Sundial thing. I ran my finger across and a small compartment popped open. I opened it and gasped. There was a diamond crown, every inch covered in those dazzling gems. I took it out, It was the same crown from the picture of the queen.

We will be waiting. I recalled the words from the later then I shook my head, this was crazy. I put the crown back inside. I didn’t want to tell anyone about my discovery. I put everything back inside but I looked at the picture of the queen once more. We had the same face. Her son’s name was Darren, a name that had apparently been passed down for centuries. I packed the contents of the box away and locked it, then I hid the key in my bra which was hopefully the last place someone would look. It seemed that this was all there was to the garden. I ran out of the small door and concealed the box in my jacket and started walking back up after I closed the small door behind me. It was getting dark outside. I ran inside and up to my room. I checked that no one was in there (Jayden) and hid the box between the clothes in my closet. Then I put on some fingerless gloves and looked for a place to put the key. Luckily I found a loose brick in the wall of my closet. It looked like the perfect spot. I slipped the key in and put in the brick, then I went to sit on the couch. I put on the tv but I didn’t watch it, I was thinking. I heard the door open and voices and I tried paying more attention to what was coming on.
Just my luck – an article on having safe sex, I changed the channel to see what else was coming on.