My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 2 (Valdelle Adrianna Leone)

“Delle!!!” Go away I’m trying to sleep “Valdelle!!!!” What time is it? I looked at the clock. 12:00. I recalled yesterday’s event’s.
That’s why I feel so crappy. The end of year party, I was drunk, I also remember punching someone…that must have been the police officer. It’s a good thing I’m a fast runner when I’m drunk
“VALDELLE ADRIANA LÉONE!!!”
“COMING!” I yelled back. Then I turned over and went back to sleep I had a banging headache. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
Crap.
I rolled of the bed quickly and stood up pretending to look like I was making it when the door opened. “I told you I woke up” I smiled and my mother sighed. I felt sorry for her, she didn’t deserve a girl like me, I was being horrible, especially after dad died last summer.
That was what started it really. I used to be this perfect child, really. I used to get straight A’s I used to practise playing the piano, I was captain of the girls Soccer team, School Captain and everything. I never even had a single drop of alcohol.
Then my dad died because of that stupid Heart Attack. Nobody even realised he had a problem… and one day….
He was gone. Just, like, that.
I was out of it for about three months. Then I finally decided to pull it together for mum…but with a few adjustments.
I dyed every piece of my clothing black on the day of his funeral. I never wore anything without adding black as a reminder of my dad.
I even picked up school because I could see my mother didn’t need me flunking. I couldn’t play the piano anymore because it was my father who taught me in the first place and soccer had been our sport. The sport we used to watch together on T.V eating popcorn dipped in peanut butter so I didn’t play soccer anymore either.
Instead my mother and I went to the gym together. My father didn’t like the gym, he used to think it was the most boring place on earth. I agreed but I couldn’t become a fat lump.
“Delle honey”
“Mmm?”
“We have some very important people coming to dinner tonight, friends of your fathers. Jarren and Vivien Marriott, very wealthy people, your father was fond of them, I need you to be very nice to them okay?”
“Okay”
“And they have a son a little older than you, I’m sure you’ll get along fine”
“Okay”
“Good girl” she gave me a hug “I love you Valdelle and your father loved you so much too” I heard her sniffle.
“I love you too mum, more than I ever show,” and I had to sniffle as well. Then we both let go and smiled at each other.
“So what’s the plan today?”
“Um well I was planning to go to…” I didn’t have any plans, I just really wanted to lie down “Uh, I don’t have anything”
“Perfect you can help me, I’ve got a load of shopping for you to do” I rolled my eyes.
“Sure mum” I had a shower and got changed into some black skinny leg jeans and a dark coloured top. At some point it had been blue but I died it and I didn’t even know what colour it was anymore. I took the list my mother handed out and drove down to the supermarket.

My mother’s shopping list consisted of groceries to Olay wrinkle free cream. I rolled my eyes at that. My mother didn’t need such things. Her skin was beautiful. Wait, she was beautiful full stop. I liked to think that I looked a lot like her but I didn’t, I looked sort of like my father, but not really, I looked more like his ancestors which is weird right, bits and bops from everyone to make up my face. I had dark hair with a bit of blonde near the bottom of mine because I dyed it. I had cream coloured skin that was still slightly tan I had dark eyes with really long lashes and full pink lips.
I smiled at the desk clerk as she handed me the items. Next I went down to the Diner for food and drove all the way to the large mall to buy the Prada sunglasses my mother wanted. I had no Idea why she needed these things just that they were needed. We didn’t buy anything unless we truly needed it. We weren’t in such a bad financial situation, just not the best. My mother was a nurse down at the local hospital and my father was a criminal attorney so we were relatively fine off for a while.
It was getting late when I was driving back. I couldn’t believe the whole day was gone so fast. When I got out my cat Ginger bounded up to me and barked. No you heard me right Ginger was a cat. She just happened to be a cat that barked.
Don’t ask, I have no Idea.
I patted her back and felt her purr. Then I brought in all the shopping bags.
“Oh thankyou honey can you put the groceries down and go get changed into something pretty?” I nodded. I helped her put away the things then went up to my room.
What to wear? What to wear? Oh yeah, perfect. I held up the dress. It was relatively short going to about mid-thigh and was of course black but It had a gold rim around the top that brought out my blonde streaks. I put it on with some Jimmy Choos that had a bit of gold and black on the heel and put in my black lip ring. I combed my hair straight and then went down to answer the door when I heard the bell ring.
♠ ♠ ♠
HEY GUYS! I was going to put a picture of Delle and her clothes and stuff but I'm new and I'm still trying to figure that out - I know, I'm pathetic!
So Sorry while my brain works slow and I attempt to put images.
Excuse the spelling errors.