My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 22

Hey this is a short Chapter to finish off Jay's POV Try to notice things that are in the text, I stick in a LOT of hidden meanings, Tell me if you can guess and maybe you might get a bit of an excerpt from what's coming up later...:)

We went back up to our bedroom. I changed into some boxers no shirt, it was warm tonight. I walked out and sat on the bed. Delle went into the bathroom and changed. She came out wearing a black night gown that went to just above her knees.
“I want my clothes back” she said miserably
“I don’t know, I think what your wearing looks good”
“You are a guy, you say those types of things, am I the only one who’s self conscious here? Go put a shirt on”
“I don’t want to”
“Jeez Jayden just go put a shirt one, how would you like it if I walked around with no shirt?”
“Is that an offer? Because I’d be willing to take it”
“Shut up”
“I’m a guy, what do you expect?”
“Nothing, you reminded me, you’re a guy, I’m sorry I just forgot for a second” I eyed her; she really was lucky she was who she was; she would be hanging by her toes and dunked in the river by now.
“Good night Valdelle”
“Good night Hubby Dearest” she said, but on mock love “I hope you have a truly wonderful night” then her tone changed into a sinister one “If I wake up with any part of you so much as a toe over the middle, I will murder you”
“Yes I love you too Delle” I let the sarcasm out “Now sleep” I closed my eyes and turned away and went to sleep.

I was woken up by Delle’s restlessness. She was turning and moving around all night. Something was obviously bothering her.
“Jayden” she muttered. I turned to her, she didn’t seem awake “Jayden” she muttered again.
She was really strange, for some reason when she wasn’t in her right mind she needed me but when she could think rationally she detested me.
I was used to the opposite result
I felt something warm around my waist. It was her arm. I gave a little chuckle thinking about her little ‘toe out of line’ speech. She pulled herself closer to me and seemed to calm down. I turned towards her and wrapped an arm around her. Her face seemed slightly pained but she hugged closer to me. At the same time her nightgown had been pulled up revealing her back. Absentmindedly I traced patterns on it until her breathing slowed and her hold on me was no longer tight. I leant my head in closer to her and breathed in her scent.

Through my being a Vampire it meant I always had a craving for blood, but it was strange, I found the smell of Delle’s blood nice, like perfume but not appetizing…it smelt like how I would smell a vampires blood, how a vampires blood was sweet. But Delle wasn’t a vampire.
Oh well, I wasn’t complaining. It was nice. I closed my eyes and went into a deep sleep.