My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 23

Delle’s POV

I woke up clinging onto something. I opened my eyes. One of my arms was tightly wrapped around Jayden’s bare torso. My head was buried in his chest. I recalled what I said to him last night. I pulled away from him, I knew that he would never let me see the end of it if I contradicted myself. My nightgown was hitched high up so my whole tummy was visible.
“Crap” I muttered to myself. I pulled it down. I got up. I recalled not being able to sleep last night, a bad dream, I can’t recall about what though, I knew Jayden was in it and that was all other than the fact that it was a nightmare.

I got up wondering what the schedule was today. We could play soccer or some video games but while I was in thought there was a knock on the door. I looked at the clock, 8:00am. I opened it, it was a maid.
“Yes?” I asked her.
“Miss Léone” she said curtsying “The Mistress sent me in order to tell you that your mother will be visiting at 11:00 today” I smiled
“Thankyou” She curtsied again and walked out.

I spun around and went to my closet but I turned on the stereo first ‘Faded’ by Katie DeAraugo came on….weird song for a guy to have on C.D but I sang along anyway as I changed into a Yellow dress that had a big black belt around it, I had the urge for yellow. I put on a mini black jacket and high heeled black Jimmy Choos. I brushed my hair and did a high ponytail. I noticed I was wearing less black now days, usually I would never wear yellow, and everything I was wearing would have been black. Maybe because there wasn’t much black in my wardrobe, or maybe it was just because I didn’t want to.

I hadn’t worn yellow in almost a year; I remembered I was wearing it the day my dad died. Usually this fact would have made me go back and change but for some reason I felt…closer to my dad when I did the things we used to love. I smiled to myself, when I played soccer it felt as though I was doing the thing my father and I loved. Because he was in a better place watching over me it didn’t mean that I should stop doing the things I loved.

I looked at Jayden. In a weird way it was him and his friends who had helped me discover this. Because being with Jayden felt like being with my dad – minus the fighting. Because somehow we had so much in common, maybe just maybe this was the key to getting closer to my dad in spirit, to keep his memory alive in a good way rather than a bad one. I looked down to all the black I was wearing in recognition of his funeral. Maybe I should where happier colours but in recognition of his life. I smiled at the truth in my thoughts but didn’t linger on them; instead I looked at the clock, 9:00 only two hours. I got paper and scribbled a note for Jayden.
Mum coming at 11:00 meet at sitting room – D
I put the note on his closet door and went down stairs to eat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry guys I promise the next few chapters will be major fillers. I can't wait for you guys to message me! I know I know so I don't reply to wat u write on my home page thing but trust me I love you all