My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 25

Delle POV
My Mother-in-law Daughter-in-law time with Vivien went by quickly. She wanted to look over some things with my mother.
“Hey Delle” Jayden said. He looked at me weirdly. Like in a totally un-assholeish way. “Soccer?” he asked putting an arm around my shoulders. I think that he was trying to be…friendly.
“Are you okay?” I asked him
“Sure why not?”
“You’re being nice”
“Your mother got to me”
“Great” I moaned
“No, I like her, she’s really interesting, she’s happy about you” I smiled and I put my arm around his waist.
“Which reminds me, Thank you Jayden” To say he was surprised would be a massive understatement.
“For what?” that got me, how did I explain it?
“Through your annoying chicken jibes and challenges…I figured that it is better for me to do the things I love. You and the guys kind of helped me realise that I need to do them, the things I did with my father to try and keep his memory alive. I know he’s watching somewhere, I think he doesn’t want me to be depressed or mourn over his death. If he was here he would tell me to celebrate his life”
At that point I recalled a dream which is strange because I never remember dreams. This one was even more surprising because it was from so long ago. It was when I was on the private jet to England. My father was talking to me, he wanted me to sing and I did. I sang and I was with him.

“You’re welcome” It was too bad this strange friendship only lasted for a few minutes because only five minutes later both of us were trying to get the upper hand in scoring goals. Eventually the game basically came down to who was playing better at the moment, me or Jayden. It started drizzling half way through but a bit of water never hurt anyone.
I was running with the ball and suddenly thunder struck and the rain started coming down like a sheet. Eventually I couldn’t actually see so I stopped. Then I screamed as something came up from behind me and spun me around.
“Jayden put me down!”
“Okay” he said and suddenly I was falling to the floor and he turned to the ball but I pulled his leg from under him and he fell down next to me. One side of each of us was covered in mud and randomly we started laughing with the rain pouring down like in a waterfall. I got up and Jayden did too. I tried looking up but I couldn’t put my head up. I was still smiling, I loved the rain, it was beautiful, it meant that nature could grow.
“May I have this dance my lady?” Jayden said holding out his hand putting on a very posh English accent.
“You may kind Sir” I said attempting to do my own which he laughed at.
I took his hand and he spun me around our feet practically flying beneath us. I felt like how the girls did in the movies when a seriously good looking man asked them to dance without any music (But music appeared out of nowhere anyway) I laughed as I twisted and and mud squelched under my feet and flicked up onto my legs. I laughed It was clichéd dancing in the rain where nobody could see us because it was so thick like in a romance novel.
So there was a different side to Jayden that he had kept guarded. I thought back to Black Beauty and where I was now. I liked this side so much better than the asshole side; I think that I could live with this side. I wondered where the other side came from. It was hard, sort of spoilt like he always got everything he wanted; like he thought he was a prince or something. Maybe – I liked to think that maybe I had softened him up.
We stopped I looked as he leaned down like he was about to….well…kiss me. I pushed myself higher, closer to him but I wasn’t sure why I wanted him to kiss me…–
“Hey Guys!” we jumped apart before our lips even met and Jayden groaned
“What Rod?”
“I reckon we should go inside, this much water will make someone sick!” I scoffed but we walked back anyway. It was sort of awkward between me and Jayden; I went to walk with Rod to ease things up between us. What I couldn’t understand was why I wanted him to kiss me so much.
You remember the last time…it was nice
I blocked the voice out. I felt my nose go slightly runny and I sneezed. I was also shivering when we went back into the mansion. Jayden handed me his jacket but I shook my head. He was always cold so it would be too. It wouldn’t work and anyway I was starting to feel a bit hot. When we went up I had a hot shower and I changed into a sleeveless knee length nightgown. I was still feeling very hot. I sat in the bed, when I lay down my head hurt a little but it wasn’t anything to make me anxious.
I tried going to sleep but it was too hot. I ended up kicking off all the covers.