My Arranged Marriage to an English Jerk Who's a Vampire Prince, Sucks to Be Me

Chapter 26

Jayden POV
I could feel her kicking off the covers which didn’t make sense, I knew that it was supposed to be freezing outside.
“Delle?” I asked
“It’s too hot”
“Delle its freezing”
“No it’s not” I put her hand on her head to check her temperature. She had a fever. “Ah” she said. My skin must have been soothing.
“I think you have a fever, let me call the doctor”
“No, I don’t want a doctor” I sighed, I knew that she could be extremely stubborn but I was worried. It was already coming on her badly.
“Okay, don’t take this in the wrong way” I said. I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her. “Thanks” she said. But the relief only lasted for a few minutes. “Jay” she said “It’s cold now” I pulled the electric blanket around her and put in on full. She was restless and she started to get sweaty and go in and out of consciousness. I didn’t know much about fevers but I knew that normally they weren’t this bad.
“I am calling the doctor” My word was final, she was in no state to argue. I walked out of the room and called for a maid. I asked her to send for a doctor and my mother.
The doctor came a few minutes later joined by not only my mother but Dell’s as well.
“Delle has bad reactions to fever’s, once she had to be hospitalised” Shit. Crap. Shit. Crap.
“This is quite serious” the doctor said. He took out her hand and inserted a needle and connected something to it.
“Delle baby?” Susan said “Honey speak to me” Delle opened her eyes.
“I feel like crap mom” she said. Her mother nodded.
“Mrs Léone I advise that you leave the room, this could be contagious and you must be the one from where she got these symptoms” the doctor said, Susan nodded “This is not time to sacrifice your own health, I advise you to take this tablet and go to sleep your daughter will be fine”
He said she would be fine! I let out a breath. Susan nodded slightly reassured and walked off. When the door closed the doctor looked at both of us. I understood, he had lied.
“How bad is it really?” I asked, there was no inflection in my voice.
“If it is not treated properly it could be fatal, it depends on if her immune system can fight of the bugs” I froze. I was scared, more scared then I have ever been before. All this time I had been wondering but now I knew:
I couldn’t live without Delle. I couldn’t imagine my life anymore without her; she wasn’t a want but a need.
But right here at anytime, she could die and I knew I wouldn’t be able to survive that.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG!
So anyways message me - I feel very lonery!
Love you guys!