Obsession

With Soft Hands

I walked quietly down the streets, the darkness lingering around every corner of every road. Rain gently caressed the top of my umbrella, dripping in large amounts off the edges. I glanced around the rain soaked streets, my feet soaked from the puddles as I walked. I wore a worried smile on my lips, my eyes darting around the velvet black of the night, a song beat buzzing in my throat.
I continued to hum to myself, trying desperately to keep calm. After all, It was Seminole. The place of quiet, retired, and very friendly old people. No one was going to hurt me. It was just a stupid thought.
I walked past an empty shop, boards of wood pressed roughly against the windows and doors to warn away intruders. I felt my gaze shift from the streets to the shop, my feet stopping themselves from moving forward. I glanced around me quickly, then turned back to the shop.
The worn walls and boarded windows haunted me, lured me almost. As if pleading me to enter.
It was enchanting.
I walked forward slowly, hesitantly. Fear grabbed at my throat, tearing away at my heart with each step I took. I lifted a shaking hand to the broken door knob, jingling it slightly. The door swung open on it's own, my body jerking away in surprise.
"Hello" I called softly into the darkness of the shop, ",is anyone here?"
I walked into the building, dropping my umbrella outside the door. The room was dark, the only light coming from the street lamp outside, shinning in from one uncovered window. The walls were white, tinted dirt. A few of the walls were bare, as if someone had been scratching away at them with long, claws. The hard wood floors creaked loudly as I walked across them, into the middle of the empty room.
"Hello?" I called.
"Hello."
I spun around, the deep voice of a man ringing through the empty space.
A large man stood before me now, a smile playing at his thin, red, lips. His black hair covered his eyes and most of his face, only showing his lips and the tip of his sharp nose.
I took a step back, in surprise. My heart began to race.
"I'm sorry to disturb you, Sir." I swallowed.
"Oh no, not at all." His voice was deep, harsh, rigid. It reminded me of Wolverine from X-men.
I smiled falsely at him, turning towards the door. "Well, I really must be going."
"Ah." He said, grabbing my arm. "But you owe me, for waking me up, My Sweet."
My face paled. "Oh...Well I'm sorry, but my parents are expecting me and...."
His grip on my arm tightened, causing me to yelp in pain. "You owe me."
With a yank, he pulled me back to him, and into his chest. He grinned once more.
"Nighty night, my sweet."
I looked at the man in surprise, only to see his forehead collide with mine. Pain shot through my head as I collapsed to the floor, Darkness overcoming me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah first story in months
<3 it