Girls Make Boys Cry

Comfort on the mind

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, Laura found a confused looking Alistair staring down at the TV remote. She giggled to herself and walked over and sat on the couch next to him.

“That’s a remote…Alist… can I call you Ali, I’ve always liked that name?”

“Ali?”

“Yeah, it’s a nickname for Alistair… its short and sweet…”

Alistair flashed a toothy grin a bright sparkle in his eye. He’d never had anyone pay much attention to him, the attention he was getting was pretty nice.

“Ali it is then…” Laura smiled, pushing back a strand of hair that was falling over her eyes, “by the way Ali…” she smiled again at the use of the new nickname for her new found friend, “that’s a remote…”

“Remote?” Ali asked pushing buttons, causing the TV to flicker.

“Yep, its short for remote control… here if you press this button it turns on…” Laura reached over and pressed a circular button. The back of her hand brushed lightly against Ali’s causing a tingly feeling in Ali’s stomach, one he has never experienced before. Ali pulled his hand away quickly and placed it on his abdomen.

“You okay?” Laura asked.

“Yes, it’s just… oh, it doesn’t matter,” Ali said putting on a fake smile; he was still pondering on what it could have been making his stomach feel like that.

“You sure?!”

Ali nodded and smiled receiving a smile back. A large crash was heard from above them, Laura stood up and rushed towards the stairs, Ali followed behind her. They ran up the stairs to find Alexander on the landing hugging his leg frowning madly.

Vicky and Ed rushed to the door to see what the crash was and they both began to laugh as they realised what had happened.

“What is it you find so funny?” Alexander questioned Vicky and Ed.

“You fell Alex…” Vicky chuckled

Alex went to say something but Laura quickly cut across “Come on, no arguing today, can we all try and get along please,”.

Ed snorted and walked back into the room, Vicky nodded and followed, leaving Alexander on the floor clutching his leg.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been a while D:
x
Vicky x