My Fault

A Few Days Later; Brian's PoV

You didn't come the night of the new moon. You always came. And I was scared. Did you finally start to hate me for everything I've done to you? Were you with another? Were you hurt?

A few days later, we watched them bury Jacoby and James. They died in a car crash. Apparently the impact killed them.

"I'm sorry," a regret-filled Jacoby told Matt, Zacky, and me. I don't think any of us understood.

I was sorry for his children. The poor things, fatherless now. Him and James shared a soft kiss, before continuing on to get judged. Did you know the gatekeeper isn't Saint Peter? Everyone is so convinced it's him. It's not. It's a gray-eyed kid with spiky black hair by the name of Leo.

About a week later, they buried Jimmy under the oak, between Matt and me. He related to us the story, everything, your argument, the crash. He confirmed mine and Zack's greatest fear.

You were laying in critical condition, in a coma for two weeks, and they didn't think you'd ever wake up again. They didn't think you had much longer left. I never would have thought it was your car that Jacoby's collided with.

Me and Zacky held hands as we waited for you. We wanted you here with us, but at the same time we didn't. We were afraid for you.

Jimmy was right, though. And we cried as they lowered you into the ground between me and Zack. You stood, with your back to us, watching with a disinterested air. You kicked at a rock, and turned slowly to the oak.

We stood there, watching you turn. Slowly a smile lit up your face, and you jogged over to us.

You embraced the angel winged Matt first, before a newly angel winged Jimmy.

"New look?" You grinned at them.

"Mhm, aren't we sexy?" Jimmy asked, striking a pose.

"And he calls me a drag queen," Zacky muttered, as you gently embraced him. You planted a soft kiss on his cheek, and I felt jealousy bubble inside of me, but I forced it down.

You stood in front of me, hesitating and biting your lip unsurely. Suddenly, you grinned and tossed yourself into my arms.

"I missed you, Johnny," I whispered into your hair.

"I missed you, too, Bri-Bri," you replied, and my heart swelled with joy. You haven't called me Bri-Bri since before we broke up.

"Alright, enough of the lovey-dovey shit," the voice was unmistakably James Hart. "Syn, you're coming with me."

"Where to?" I asked, turning to him. He had a pair of horns now. James got sent to Hell? Damn!

"No! If he goes, I go too!" You cried out, fear present in your voice.

"I'll go in his stead," Zacky whispered, his jade eyes gleaming defiantly at me.

"No the fuck you won't!" I growled at him and you. "I sinned. I took Matt away from Jimmy and you away from Johnny! I will not allow you take on my sin!"

"He is the sinner," James smirked.

"Oh, James-love, you know the rules," Jacoby slipped behind James, wrapping his arms around his near identical friend.

"Since when have you two been together?" You gaped at them.

"Two years, right, love?" Jacoby asked James, grinning at Johnny.

"Misery won't like-" James was cut of by another.

"Misery won't like what?" He was about 7 foot, raven black hair, tattered black leathery wings, like a bat's I'd say, and tanned skin. But the most obvious feature was his silver eyes, glinting dangerously against the black of his hair and the darkness of his skin.

"An innocent in Hell," James leaned into Jacoby, eyes wide with fear.

"What I do and don't like does not change the rules of the proverbial game, James. Remember that," Misery spat. "And it does not matter if an innocent getting tortured in Hell hurts me or not. He wishes to go, he goes."

"But you're Satan's son, won't he get mad or something?" James asked, confused now.

"The only one he cares about is Damien, couldn't care or less about Destiny and me," Misery replied, turning softened silver eyes onto Zacky. "So, Zee Vee, Heaven or Hell?"

"I'll take Hell, so long as Johnny and Brian get into Heaven together," Zacky replied, daring me to defy him in this.

"No!" Me and you cried out together. Oh, how we hate to disappoint.

"It's his choice," Misery replied, guiding Zacky away, and through a door that hadn't been there before, James following sadly.

"You're first time will hurt," we heard Misery's voice drift back to us, before the door closed.

"Come on," Jacoby grabbed my attention. "Don't worry about Zacky, he'll be fine. Misery will make sure of that. He's taken quite a shine to the kid. Innocents never last long in Hell, anyway. Misery braves a century of torture to get them out. Zacky'll probably be kept in the palace anyway."

"Yeah," Jimmy agreed. "Let's go! You two are going to love Heaven!"

We followed them, stopping in front of the doorway to take one last look back. There was a single girl left at our graves, she was currently at Matt's laying down a flower. She stood up, and her eyes rose until they met my own. She smiled softly. Like she could see me. Like she could see Johnny. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

"Are you two coming?" Matt asked us, his eyebrows raising questioningly.

"Yeah," I glanced at him, before back to the girl. The girl that was no longer there.

"What are you staring at?" Jimmy asked, tugging on my hand. "Let's Go!"

"Jesus Christ, Jim! Calm down!" You chided him, laughing. Oh, how I loved your laugh. And Jimmy drug us into Heaven, bypassing the gatekeeper Leo and everyone else.

A few months, we guess it was months, the same girl from our graves appeared in front of me and you with a severly hurt Zacky.

"What happened?" You cried.

"My brother Damien," she answered, laying him on the ground. "Misery told me to take him where ever he would be safe. The only place is here. With you two. You love him don't you?" She asked you, golden eyes searching your face.

"Yeah, but-" she cut you off.

"And you?" Her voice was cold and even, and very much dangerous.

"Yeah, I guess," I answered. I could feel your eyes on me.

"That's all I need to know then," she muttered, glancing down at Zacky. He was completely healed, something about Heaven's air that does that for one, and staring blankly forward.

"Desi?" He questioned. "Where am I?"

"Heaven, Kit-Kat," she replied.

"Why?" He struggled to sit up, blinkly his wide, confused eyes.

"Damien tried to kill ya, kid, Misery told me ta take you far away," she smiled at him, before helping him to his feet.

"Oh, hey guys," he noticed us for the first time.

"Now my job's done, I have a little brother to torture. I told Damien once that no one fucks with Misery and you, Z, catch ya on the flip side!" And just like that she was gone.

"And now I'm stuck in Heaven," Zacky yawned. "I think I might be able to get used to the silence."

"What the hell? Someone bypassed the gate completely!" We heard Matt shout, from some where nearby.

"Didn't even go through it!" Jimmy's voice mingled with his.

"Come on, we better let them know you're here," You grinned, completely happy.

"Mm, if I must, but Bri, answer a question for me?" Zacky asked me.

"Yeah, bring it," I replied, slipping my hand into Johnny's.

"Do you still blame yourself?" I was unprepared, but I must admit it wasn't unexpected.

"No. You're here, Johnny's here. Matt and Jim are together. You both are happy, right?" They nodded. "Nothing left to blame myself for. But, Zack, why the hell did she call you Kit-Kat?"

"Erm," he blushed a near crimson color, before pulling a Kit-Kat out of his pocket.

"You and chocolate!" You cried, laughing. "Come on, before Jimmy and Matty die trying to find the 'intruder'."
♠ ♠ ♠
Last Chapy