Until You're Gone

-3-

By the time I reached the back of the lot the cemetery stood on darkness had fallen. The trees seemed eerier than normal, and the wind seemed to pick up a tad. Rustling sounds coming from all directions could scare even the toughest of peoples. The depths of imagination taking told on minds that shouldn’t, and yet, everyone believes it’s bad luck to be in cemeteries after dark. Those who say they don’t do it, and leave before morning in a fright. Yes, everyone is afraid of cemeteries at night.

There are rules about visiting after sundown, but for some reason, they allow me to. It may have something to do with the current situation at home, or it may just be they take pity on me… Either way, I’m fine with it. This allows me to see my best friend after school, after dinner, whenever I please.

The brick building before me: small on the outside, big on the inside. It’s well kept and made to not look like the kind of building it is.

I allowed a small sigh to slip past at thoughts of why Gerard resides in this building. Letting those thoughts fade away I entered the building. Said hello to the secretary at the main desk, and took off in the direction of Gerard’s room.

“Ah, Mr. Way. We were wondering when we’d see you again. Gerard’s been asking for you,” Dr. Jane said upon seeing me. I smiled, nodding toward his room, silently asking if he’s actually in there. “Go on in, Mikey. He’ll be happy to see you.”

“Thanks,” I said opening the door as she walked off.

Inside Gerard sat on his bed, sketch pad on his lap, pencil in hand moving alone the page to create shapes and lines forming beautiful pictures. Even the most morbid pictures done by Gerard turn out beautiful. He just has that talent.

“Hey, Gee.” I walked closer to him as he looked up. A huge grin appearing on his face. He moved his pad away and jumped off the bed, tackling me in a hug.

“Mikey! I haven’t seen you in so long!” I hugged him back, laughing slightly. Although Gerard is my older brother, sometimes he makes it seem like he’s the younger one.

“How’s therapy going?” Gerard got off me, and we both sat on his bed, cross-legged facing one another.

“All right, I guess… They say I might be getting out soon.” He grinned causing me to smile at his happiness.

“That’s good, Gee. We’ll get an apartment together or something.” He nodded, the smile still on his face.

If Mom won’t accept Gerard for who he is than she just lost both her sons.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for me to update. I lost my internet, and just got it back.

Anyway, have you figured out where Gerard is?

Time flew by, and before I knew it I had to leave.