Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

Page 27

I was walking down all the aisles, in my local Kinney Drugs store, when I stopped at the magazine section out of habit. I always skimmed through the pages, occasionally reading some articles, so I could know the latest celebrity gossip. Usually, none of the articles really did catch my eye, but today one actually did.

On the cover of one of the magazines I saw: 'IS JOE JONAS REALLY HAVING AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE?! MORE ON PAGE 27'.

So, like the title told me to, I flipped to page 27 and started to read the article.

"Yesterday on May 27th, we discovered that Joe Jonas, of the popular boy band 'The Jonas Brothers', now has an arranged marriage. When one of our interviewers, Mary Brown, went to interview Joe about the topic this is what he had to say:"

MARY: "So Joe, we've heard that your getting an arranged marriage, is that true?"
JOE: "Yes, it actually is. My parents told me the other day that I was."
MARY: "How do you know this girl?"
JOE: "Well actually, I have never even met her before, or even heard of her actually, either. Her parents are supposedly close friends with my parents.
MARY: "How long have they been planning this wedding?"
JOE: "My parents said they were thinking about it when they were all in high school, but they just all confirmed it a few years ago."
MARY: "And do you know this girl's name?"
JOE: "Yes, my parents said she lives in a city in central New York called Syracuse. They said that her parents told them she was a very nice and charming girl, and that she would be perfect for me. They also said that her name was Taryn Matthews."
MARY: "Well, this Taryn Matthews is a very lucky girl."


I dropped my magazine, and everything else I was holding, and started to scream. I ran out of the store and quickly ran into my car to start driving back home. Once I was buckled and my car was starts, I turned on the radio hoping some music would help calm me. Instead, it frustrated me even more.

"In other news, celebrity singer, Joe Jonas, is getting married to Syracuse's Taryn Matthews! Here's a song to the new, happy couple!"

The song Love Bug started playing through my speakers. "Ughhh!" I screamed.

In about 5 minutes I was back to my house. I stormed in to my house, slamming the front door behind me, and started yelling at my parents. "How could you?! I can't believe it!"

My parents stood up and started talking to me, being as calm as if nothing had happened.

"Honey, we were going to tell you. But the Jonas' will be here in about 30 minutes so go clean up."

"What?! Now I have to do everything with him?!" I screamed back and stomped up the stairs into my room to grabbed clothes for after my shower.

I headed into my bathroom and quickly turned on the hot water letting it try to calm me.

After I was completely washed and dried, I put my bra and underwear on and started on my hair. I blow dried it until it was completely dry, then started straightening it. After a good 15 minutes, my hair was all set and done, so I quickly did my make-up. I didn't put alot on, just some eye liner and some foundation.

I walked out of the bathroom and heard my mom on the phone giving somebody our address. Probably the Jonas'. I grimaced at the thought and went to straighten up my room. They'd probably have to sleep in my room so we could all get to know each other. I, again, grimaced, and heard the front door open. I let out another good scream before I needed to spend the rest of the day with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so first chapter. I hope you like!
And I'll put chapter 2 up either later today or tomorrow.