Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

I Hope It Will Be..

"Okay, I think we're here." I said out loud as I parked the car on the side of the road.

We were in downtown Syracuse, at a place called 'The On Center', and I absolutely didn't like where this place was located. A prison was just down the street, and I could hear people screaming to the outside from where I was standing. This is a great place to be when I officially become an adult..

"Isn't that Blair?" Joe asked, taking my hand and leading me away from the direction of the prison.

"Uhmm, it might be." I looked over to where we were walking towards.

It did look like her, but I still wasn't sure.

"Blair?" I called out.

The blonde girl turned around and saw Joe and I.

"Oh my god! Taryn!!! Joe!!!" She shrieked before she ran -very carefully because of her heels- towards us.

It was not a good idea on her part to scream Joe's name right after mine. Because, my whole school already knows that I am getting married to Joe, and most girls hate me now because of it, because they are all the ones who are madly in love with Joe. So when Blair screamed his name, every girl in hearing distance sprinted over to Joe and swarmed around him.

I just sat there and laughed at him, and watched as the girls hugged and kissed him and asked for autographs and for them to be sang to and such. I know that I should've saved him, but I thought it was too funny to. It was his choice to come anyways.

"Haha, so anyways Blair, whats up?" I asked, making a popping sound at the end of 'up'.

"Uhmm, nothing. I was hoping Nick would come with you guys.. but I guess he didn't." She said, averting her eyes to the ground to keep her tears from me.

"Aww, Blair, it's okay. Nick was still out cold when we left. You know he's going to show up tonight for the real ceremony." I told her, trying to cheer her up.

I looked over to the mob of girls, seeing Joe in the middle with his arms held up, waving, trying to get my attention so I can save him. I just shook my head and continued my conversation with Blair.

"Ya, I know. But enough about me, how's the baby?" She asked in a hushed voice.

"Good, I think. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow before the graduation party. But I'm almost starting to show. Only another month or two.." I said, looking down towards my stomach.

"Ok, good luck if I don't see you tomorrow morning. Uhmm, actually speaking of tomorrow morning, can I sleep over? You know, maybe like sleep in tents in the backyard and then I can help set up for the party?" Blair asked.

"Uhm, ya I'll talk about it with my parents.But let's go save Joe before he is hugged to death." I laughed.

"Ya, Haha." Blair said as she followed me to the mob of our graduating class' girls.

Ten Minutes Later

"Okay Joe, just stay here and I'll be back when the ceremony is over. If there are any problems just text me." I said before I kissed Joe's cheek goodbye.

He nodded his head and went back to texting either Kevin or Nick, all he told me was that it was his brother. He didn't clarify.

I walked down to the rows and rows of chairs and sat between Sarah Masens and Jason Mawers, the people who came before and after me in our grade's classmate names. Sarah smiled towards me and I smiled back, and we started having a small conversation before our turn to practice receiving our diploma was up.

When Sarah's name was called, I watched as she walked to the middle of the stage, shook people's hands, and exited on the other side. Then I heard my name, and I copied Sarah's actions. As I walking toward the stairs to get off the stage, I looked over to where I left Joe. I didn't see him. I quickened my pace and when I was back at my seat I took out my cell phone. 'One Unread Text Message'. I opened it and read.

It's Nick. He's in the hospital because of his diabetes. I'm just outside trying to calm down. I'll come back in soon enough, and then when you're done, we have to leave. Love you.

I felt as if there was an explosion in my chest where my heart should be. I have came to love Nick as much as I love everyone else in my life, and now that I just heard that news, my heart went into shock.

I started to sob, and Sarah looked over and asked what was wrong. I just told her that it was a family issue and she completely understood, but continued to tell me that 'it would be okay' and that 'everything will work out just fine'. That whole time I was just saying that I hope it will be..
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, I think this is an upseting chapter..

But this was the big something that I was talking about in my A/N's in the last chapter.

But anyways........

Ahh, good memories. Lol, I didn't go to my brother's practice ceremony but I went ot the real graduation. We had to walk past the jail (my parents and I) and I remember being like to my dad "Holy crap, why the heck are we here?" lol. It wasn't cool. Can't wait for my graduation to be there... not. lol.

I got the name of the place from my brother, and yes, there really is a place called 'The On Center' in downtown Syracuse where my school district's graduations are held. And it is hot as hell in there. lol. I actually had to go outside for a good 20 minutes just to cool down. =b

please comment for the next chapter.