Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

Already Improving

Our principal, Principal Jones, walked up to the microphone that was on the stage.

"Well, graduating class of 2009, I will see you all back here tonight, at 6:00pm sharp. The ceremony doesn't start until 6:30, but we need to get on the caps and gowns and many will most likely need to mentally prepare themselves. Good luck tonight!" Principal Jones said, dismissing us, before she turned the microphone.

"Blair?! BLAIR?!" I screamed her name, searching the crowd for her.

We needed to leave now, and if I didn't take her then she would be so mad with me.

"Taryn, Taryn, settle down." Blair said, out of breath.

"Blair, we need to go. Now." I said as I grabbed her arm and yanked her in the direction of where Joe was standing, waiting for us.

"Why what happened?" Blair asked.

I didn't answer. I just kept pulling her with me.

"Taryn, what the hell happened?!" Blair screamed at me.

I looked at her and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath to calm myself.

"I'll tell you in the car, you'll want to be sitting." I told her before I started pulling her again.

Finally, we reached Joe, and I gave him my car keys.

"I need to sit in back with Blair, she's going to need a shoulder to cry on." I said under my breath so Blair wouldn't hear me.

Joe nodded and started running for the car.

A few minutes later when Joe pulled up to where Blair and I were standing. I helped Blair into the back seat, and followed in after her.

"Okay Joe, take a left up there at the light and then just follow the hospital signs." I told Joe.

Blair turned and looked at me with wide eyes.

"H-h-hospital?" She spitted out in a whisper.

"Uhmm, Blair, Nick is in the hospital.." I said to her.

Blair immediately started to ball her eyes out, and I just wrapped my arms around her and cried along silently with her.

"B-but he was just fine last night! And you said he was fine this morning!" She sobbed.

"He must've not been okay when he woke up." I told her and looked out the front windshield to see how far form the hospital we were.

Joe saw me looking from the far corner of his eye and grabbed his hand back for mine. I intertwined my hand in his and went back to calming Blair.

"Blair, don't worry, he'll be just fine. It's Nick we're talking about. If he said that his diabetes weren't going to slow him before, he won't let them slow him now. Especially seeing how he has an amazing girlfriend that he loves with all of his heart and that he would die for." Joe said to Blair, trying to lift her mood a little.

Blair looked up to the front of the car where Joe was and formed a smile on her face.

"Wow Joe, that is the nicest thing you have ever said to me. Thanks so much." Blair said with silent tears streaming down her face.

"Taryn, we're here, at the hospital." Joe told me.

"Okay." I said silently.

I turned my attention back to Blair.

"Uhm, Blair, we're here. It's time to go see Nick." I said.

She nodded her head and wiped her eyes with her arm.

"O-okay. L-lets go." Blair said, still sobbing a little, but settling down more.

I nodded my head and grabbed Blair's hand to help lead her inside.

27 Minutes Later

"Okay, Nick is just waking up. A few people can go and see him." A nurse said while looking down at her clipboard.

She looked up and glanced at the people for Nick in the waiting room; Mrs. Jonas, Mr. Jonas, Frankie, my parents, Joe, Kevin, me, Blair...

The nurse's eyes stopped at Blair.

"Oh no, not you again." The nurse said to Blair.

It was the same nurse that yelled at both Blair and me when I was the one sitting in the hospital bed.

Blair silently nodded her head and the nurse just shook her head back and forth.

"Well, I don't think I need to tell you this because of your last few warnings and because of how sad you look, but please don't scream. And, don't worry, he'll get better. He's already improving. He'll be out tomorrow morning at the most." The nurse said as she gave Blair a warm smile and went back to check on other patients.

"Well," Mrs. Jonas started. "I think Nick would really like to see you three. It'd make him happy to see you three first right after he joke woke up."

We, being Joe, Blair, and I, shook our heads and stood up, walking in the direction to Nick's room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love that nurse. How I picture her is of Helen from the television show Drake & Josh. lol.
please leave comments. I wrote chapters 16-17 tonight, and they were really long compared to my other chapters, so I would really appreciate comments.