Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

More Than You Can Imagine

Two Hours Later

Joe had a hand around my waist, holding me up. My cousin Brooklynn and I had a little 'reunion' party and had a few shots from the bar. It doesn't take a lot of alcohol to make me loopy, so Joe was making sure I was fine. And yes, I didn't consume so much alcohol that is was bad for the baby. But I'm sure I'll still be getting a lecture from the doctor tomorrow at the appointment..

"Well Shane, it was real nice spending time with you! I'll see you tomorrow at the party, but then Joe and I are going to Buffalo for a few days before we have to leave." I explained.

Joe and I wanted to see Niagara Falls before we had to leave. Even though I only live three and a half hours from there, I've never been there.

My mother didn't like going to see the natural landmarks; she was more of a man-made things kind of person, like theme parks and things. It turns out that Joe hasn't been to some of the natural places either, so we're planning to visit them together when he has time off. And when the baby is born, we're going to as many places as we can; historic places, natural landmarks, theme parks, everything possible.

"Okay Tary, see you tomorrow at the party. Good luck at the appointment tomorrow morning, and congratulations again! About the marriage and the baby." Shane told me, using my child-hood nickname he gave me, before Joe guided me out of the resteraunt.

When we got to the car Joe opened the car door for me and helped me in, buckling me and giving me a quick kiss on the cheek before he shut the door to go to the driver's side.

"So, Shane is good. What'd you think of him?" I asked being nosy.

I really wanted to know his opinion. Shane was one of my best friends so I'd be talking to him a lot, and I didn't want Joe to not approve.

"I actually like him. He's cool." Joe told me, keeping his eyes on the road.

I smiled a big grin.

"Oh my god! Joe! That's awesome!" I screamed.

"Haha, yup." Joe replied laughing.

"It's sorta awkward though. I mean, my best friend and my cousin are going out..." I rambled.

Joe just listened to me while he was driving. He would nod his head at the right times, smile when necessary, laugh if I said something funny. He was concentrating on the dark roads, making sure not to take the wrong turns or hit a mailbox or something.

Twenty minutes later, he parked the car and unbuckled himself. Joe got out of the car and walked over to my side of the car.

He opened the car and waited for me to get out. I was just sitting there with a confused look on my face, my buckle still strapped on me.

"Common Taryn." Joe said to me.

We weren't at my house. I don't know where we were. I trusted Joe and all, but I just wanted to know where we were.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"It's a surprise. Please, just come with me." Joe urged.

I sighed my sigh of defeat and unbuckled.

Joe came up to me and picked me up, putting me on his back.

"Close your eyes." He whispered to me.

I did as I told, and just set my arms on his shoulders. I rested my head on an arm and I planted a small kiss on his neck.

He smiled and turned his head to give me a small kiss on my temple.

A few minutes later, he told me to open my eyes.

I looked at the site in front of me.

We were at the beach down the road from my house. A blanket was laid out in the sand, and tiny candles were lit and placed all around.

I turned around with a smile on my face.

"What's all of this for?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head against his chest.

"It's for us. I just wanted to spend time with you. You've been busy with pre-graduation syndrome and we didn't spend a lot of time together. Plus, my brothers aren't here in the same room, and on the bus we won't get any time alone. Trust me." He told me softly.

I got up on my tip toes and lightly kissed his lips.

We walked over to the blanket and laid down. I got comfy and laid my head against his chest and listened to the beat of his heart.

"I love you Taryn, more than you can imagine." Joe whispered to me, kissing the top of my head.

I smiled.

"I love you too Joe. More than everything else combined." I whispered back.

Everything got quiet after that, and we just laid next to each other and listened to the waves crash against the shore until we drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote all of this in my notebook while I was tanning haha.
Oh, and while I was typing it all, Jonas songs were on shuffle on my iPod. =D
please comment (;