Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

No, Joe, Listen

"Taryn Matthews?" The doctor called throughout the waiting room.

I stood up and walked towards the doctor with Joe following close behind me.

"So Taryn, how have you been doing?" The doctor asked me as she weighed me.

"Uhmm. Well, I actually haven't been doing good. Like, this morning I had a bad abdominal pain. I've had lower back pain too." I told her.

"But on the bright side, I just graduated and my party is today!" I added with a weak smile.

She gave me a smile back and led me to a room.

"Ok Taryn, just sit there and I'll be right back." She told me, walking out the door.

I sat there, looking at the ceiling. The doctor came back with the stuff used for the ultrasound.

"Ok, this stuff is going to feel a little weird at first, but you'll get used to it after a while." Dr. Bell told me.

I nodded and lifted my shirt to the bottom of my bra. She squirted the gel stuff onto my stomach and took the scanner, running it along my stomach.

"Hmm.. I can't seem to find it.." The doctor murmured to herself.

A nervous sweat started on the back of my neck. I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but it wouldn't budge.

"Doctor? Can I talk to Joe for a minute?" I asked.

"Certainly." She replied and walked back out of the room.

"uhmm, Joe..." I started, but he cut me short.

"Taryn, I know your nervous. I am too," He grabbed my hands and held them between his.

"But we're gonna make it work. I don't care that the baby is Adam's." Joe told me.

"No, Joe, listen. I think that-" Dr. Bell appeared through the door again.

"Taryn, Joe. I'm sorry to say this but... you had a miscarriage..."
♠ ♠ ♠
):
sad chapter..
But I wanted her to be pregnant with Joe's kid... not Adam's.
Please comment. I'm writing more as you read this (: