Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

Are You Upset?

"Is that what you were trying to tell me?" Joe asked, driving back home.

We had been sitting in silence since we left the doctor's office. The only contact we've had was him trying to comfort me because I was crying.

I don't know why I was crying. I knew that it happened. My mother had told me all the symptoms after I got out of the hospital. I had most of them; lower back and abdominal pain, history on my mom's side of miscarriage, and even though I didn't tell anyone, I had been bleeding.

"Ya." I whispered.

"I'm sorry I wouldn't listen..." Joe said quietly.

Joe pulled over to an empty parking lot and put the car in park.

I turned around in my seat to face Joe and gave him a weak smile.

"Are you upset?" I asked, my voice cracking and tears rolling down my cheeks.

Joe's eyes got watery, and I saw a tear escape and move down his cheek. I leaned in towards him and wiped the tear away with my thumb.

"Ya. At first, I mean, I was scared. I couldn't see myself being a father. But a few days ago," He wiped more of his tears away with the side of his finger. "I got used to the idea. I could see myself as a father..."

Now, I had more tears pouring out of my eyes.

"It's not like we can't have another, Joe. And, you'll really be a father.. It won't be Adam's, it'll be Joseph's.." I said with a smile on my face.

Joe smiled back at me and leaned in to kiss my lips.

"Common, we have to look presentable for the party." I whispered against Joe's lips.

Joe nodded and started to drive again back to the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad chapter ):
Please comment?