Sequel: Catch Me When I Fall
Status: Rewriting (o:

Sweep Me Off My Feet

Uhm Hey Grandma

"Ohh, there's my little girl!" Grandma Laquita called as I came through the front door with Joe.

"Uhmm hey grandma." I said.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"Is this Gregory, Sharon?" My grandma asked me, referring to Joe.

"It's Taryn, my name is Taryn. And this is Joe, not Gregory."

"Oh Sharon! I know it's Gregory. You can't fool me!" She yelled to me, going to the fridge.

"Tammy! I can't find my dentures!" My grandma called to my mom.

At least she got her name right...

My mom walked into the kitchen and grabbed my grandma's hand, shutting the fridge.

"Grandma, they're in the bathroom, not the fridge. I already told you that..." My mom told her, leading her out of the room.

Joe looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"That's grandma Laquita..." I said going to the fridge to get a can of soda.

"Want one?" I asked.

"No. But is she always like that?" Joe questioned to me.

"Ya.. she is always like that. Too many drugs when she was younger..."

"Oh." Joe replied simply, and turned to the cupboard to get some oreos.

"I found your grandma's dentures..."

"Just leave them. Common." I said and grabbed his hand to lead him up the stairs.

We both laid down on my bed and Joe wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close to him. He kissed my neck, and I snuggled in even closer to him.

We laid like that for a while; just us, surrounded by complete silence. It felt nice to just lay down and relax.

"Knock-knock." My mom said from the other side of the door.

Joe stopped kissing me and I moved a little away from him, but still close to him.

"Come in!" I called.

She came in with a small smile on her face.

"How was the appointment?" My mom asked.

"I had a miscarriage..." I mumbled.

Joe tensed up at the words and held me tighter. My mom's smile instantly turned into a frown.

"Oh my! Honey, I am so sorry!"

"It's okay mom. But we'd just like to rest for now. Okay?"

"Okay sweetie. I understand. Just don't forget about your party. It starts at four."

"Okay, see you then." I told her as she shut the door.

"I'm gonna take a nap, Joe."

"Okay babe. I'll be here when you wake up." Joe whispered to me.

"Love you. Always." I murmured, sleep already drifting over me.

"Love you too. Forever." He said back to me.

He moved a piece of my hair to behind my ear, and kissed my temple lightly before I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter (;
cori was sleeping when i was writing this. haha.
comment are greatly appreciated. (: