Leaning Into the Breeze

There's No Way Out

Nick pushed his body against Olivia. She didn’t resist. Olivia’s body became overwhelmed with the feelings she had kept bottled up - all the feelings she still had for Nick. They came out at full force. She parted her lips and pressed them roughly onto Nick’s, tempting him to slip his tongue into her sweet mouth.

All and any relocations of what she’d done with Jack in the past seemed to have disappeared. The only thought passing through Olivia’s mind was Nick. Nick, Nick, how could I have ever left you, Olivia asked herself. Nick ran his hands up and down her back. Not wanting to wait anymore, Olivia pulled off her own shirt, tossed it on the floor and drew off Nick’s immediately after.

They now knelt on the living room couch. Standing from the knees up, they looked each other face to face, each hand intertwined with the other’s.

“I love you.” Nick whispered into Olivia’s neck.

“I..,” Olivia was about to reply. She started to stutter a bit when she heard Jack rustling in their bed. “Fuck,” Olivia muttered under her breath, too quiet for Nick to hear. She gave him a quick kiss on his swollen lips before retrieving her top, putting it back on and dashing into her room, shutting the door behind her, leaving Nick baffled on the couch.

Once in her room, Olivia ruffled through her clothes and pulled out a few, tossing them into her suitcase.

She then picked up her phone and dialled John’s number.

“Johnny?” She quickly asked when she heard someone pick up.

“Yea. Olivia? Why are you calling?” John asked, groggily.

“I need you to do something for me. Remember when we were kids and whenever you came to visit me in New York, we’d always go on the roof of the building my Mom works in?”

“Yea..” John replied, unsure about what Olivia was getting at.

“I need you to meet me there. Get a plane ticket. John?”

“Yea, Olivia?”

“Please? I’m scared.”

John hung up the phone. Olivia was still unsure if John was going to come rescue her or not, but she went anyways. She flew out of her apartment with her bag. Right past Nick who was still sitting shirtless on her couch.

Just as she was about to leave she stopped herself. Olivia looked back at the couch where Nick sat, looking at her leave him.

“I’m sorry, babe,” Olivia whispered to him.

Nick only continued to stared dumbfounded at her.

“I love you. I always will.” With that Olivia turned on her heel and walked purposefully towards Broadway Ave.

___________________________________________________

Olivia lay on the top of the building that her mother had worked at for so many years. When she closed her eyes images of John and herself playing as young children filled her mind. It saddened her to remember those times; so carefree and guiltless. Back when the biggest worry was what your mother was making for dessert.

She stood up and looked around, seeing no signs of John. If he was coming, he would be there by now. Olivia walked to the edge of the building and looked down at the cars below her. They all looked so insignificant and tiny. Like you could pick them up and move them around with your hands. And the people; even smaller.

There was something that ignited in Olivia that moment that made her want to let herself fall and join those tiny people on the streets of New York; maybe then she would be brought back to the time of guiltlessness and carelessness that she craved so often.
♠ ♠ ♠
omg!

one more chapter left!! omggg
haha