‹ Prequel: He Wanted Love

He Wanted Love Interludes

Interlude B

He Wanted Love Interlude B

A/N: This is meant to take place after Part B.5 and before Part C. Just pretend Part C and D never happened, kay? Its right after the Love Like Winter tour finished.

Interlude B

Jessy sighed and laid back on the big bed. She’d missed beds. Bunks weren’t that bad except for the fact that she was a total klutz and no doubt had brain damage from the hundreds of times she’d whacked her head on another bunk. Not to mention her tendency to roll out of the narrow space.

“You’re such a dork.” Hunter snorted, coming into the room with her suitcase. “And a masochistic bitch. This thing is fucking heavy.”

“Aw, love you, too.” Jessy cooed, sitting up. “Just toss it on down here. And be thankful you’re not Smith or Adam. They’re moving Jade. You just have a few suitcases to carry.”

“Good point, but still. How did you two manage to accumulate so much stuff?”

Mandy poked her head into the room, frowning. “Hunt, where’re my pillows?”

“They’re coming, they’re coming. Jesus.” Hunter muttered under his breath as he headed back out to his car to gather up more of Mandy and Jessy’s things.

Jessy waited until he was outside before bursting into laughter. “Oh, this is fun.”

Mandy rolled her eyes but also cracked a weak smile. “Yeah, it is a bit, isn’t it?”

The girls watched Hunter shuffle past with his arms full of blankets and pillows to put in Mandy’s room. Jessy giggled to herself again before she started to unpack and Mandy retreated back to her room.

Several minutes later, Hunter flopped onto Jessy’s bed. “Finally. Finished.”

Jessy reached over and gently patted his cheek. “Poor, poor Hunter.”

“Just wait. I will extract revenge.” Jessy blinked before giggling. Realizing what he said, Hunter chuckled. “No pun intended, of course.”

“Of course.”

Hunter’s phone rang and he groaned before retreating from the room to answer it. Jessy rolled her eyes as she carefully sat her laptop on the desk in the corner. She really needed to sit down and write for a while.

“Jess, Manda! Jade wants to know how you’re settling in!” Hunter called. Jessy grinned and ran into the kitchen, stealing the phone from Hunter.

“Its awesome, Jadey, thanks. How are things with Mr. Davey?”

Jade laughed. “Fine. We’re fighting over closet space but what else is new?”

“Is Davey ‘directing’?”

“If you call sitting on the bed filing his nails directing.”

“Well, that’s the Davey we all know and love.”

“Yah.” Jade sighed, the very sound seeming to be overly sappy. Jessy shook her head with a fond smile. “Oh, we go in tomorrow to get to work on CexCells.”

“You’ve been working on CexCells. Studio time?”

“Not much, but yah. It shouldn’t take us that long. I have to head over before Dave. He’s got some sort of appointment. He was rather vague on the details.”

“Ah. Well, have fun.”

“Yep. Talk to Manda?”

“Yah, one sec. Manda! Jade wants to talk to you! Send Davey hugs for me.”

“Of course.” Jade said, sounding rather affronted that’d she would even think he wouldn’t.

Jessy handed the phone off to Mandy and headed back to her room to finish unpacking.

“Girls?” a voice rang through the house. Jessy looked up from her computer and grinned. Davey. She quickly stood and started towards the living room.

She could hear Jade muttering as she approached. “I hope you realize Jessy is going to kill you.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.”

Jessy turned into the living room and froze. “Davey?”

Davey beamed at her, looking rather proud of himself. Jessy could only stare in horror.

“Do you like it?” he asked, reaching up and running his fingers through short hair.

“Like it? Of course not! What the fuck happened? Jade is right, I’m going to kill you.” Jessy half shrieked.

Davey squeaked and hid behind a snickering Jade as Jessy took several threatening steps forward.

“Oh, leave him be. It’s not that bad.” Jade laughed.

“Yes, it is. This was your idea, wasn’t it?”

“I can honestly say this was all Davey’s idea.”

Jessy shook her head sadly, staring forlornly at Davey’s lack of hair.

“What the hell is with the yelling?” Mandy grumbled as she entered the room. She stopped dead and cocked her head. “Davey, what the hell did you do?”

“All that beautiful hair…” Jessy mumbled sadly, turning into Mandy for comfort. Mandy patted her head.

Davey huffed. “Hunter liked it. So did Smith. And Adam.”

“Well, of course Hunter would! He has horrible taste in hair. Why do you think he has none! And Smith probably finds the horribleness of it funny! And Adam? Come on, it’s Adam. He hasn’t changed his hair. Ever. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was born with that hair style.” Jessy exclaimed, turning back towards Davey and making large, exaggerated hand movements.

Mandy sighed. “Jess, calm down. I suppose its not… okay, it’s bad. But, we can deal.”

“Going to have to.” Jessy muttered darkly. “I’m going to go sulk. No interrupting.”

Mandy rolled her eyes, Jade smirked, and Davey had the decency to look slightly ashamed of the Horrible Haircut of Death.

Jessy was bouncing in her seat as they approached the apartment Davey and Jade shared. The pair had been off promoting CexCells for the last few weeks which left the girls with a lot of downtime. Most of which they spent ‘bothering’ Smith. They were both happy that the guys had returned.

Both girls pretty much leapt from the car as soon as Mandy had it in park and the engine off, not even pausing to finish listening to the Papa Roach song that was playing on Octane. They rushed into the building and into the elevator. Jessy bounced from foot to foot and leaping from the enclosed space the second the doors opened.

She didn’t bother knocking and simply strode into the apartment. “Thank fucking God… Do you know how boring it is without you two? God, it’s almost pathetic. I mean –”

Jessy stopped talking as she noticed what Mandy had noticed upon entering. Davey was sitting in an armchair, his feet tucked up beneath him, and Jade was sprawled out on the couch, looking towards them. A very auburn Jade. A very blonde-less Jade.

“Oh my God… no, no, no! First Davey and now you! No, evil! Why the hell would you even think about it? Its Jade hair for a reason. How can it possibly be considered Jade hair if Jade no longer has said hair? Serio– Wait… Did… Did you shave your Jade-burns? Oh my God, you shaved your Jade-burns!”

Jessy didn’t stop ranting for a very long time to the great annoyance of everyone.

Davey was whistling as he let himself into his apartment. He was absently flipping through a magazine he’d gotten in the mail, not paying attention to really anything else. He shut the door behind him and took several steps into the room, finally looking up.

“Jade…”

His voice trailed off as he took in the scene before him. His eyes widened, his jaw dropped, and after several seconds of shocked silence, he began to giggle.

Jessy and Mandy were seated on the couch, watching something that involved Bam Margera, the lead singer of HIM, and Jessy giggling like the rabid fangirl she was. Both were acting like there was nothing odd about the fact that Jade was secured tightly to one of their kitchen chairs in the middle of the room, duct tape over his mouth.

“What’s going on?” Davey asked, momentarily ignoring his boyfriend in favor of collapsing next to Jessy for the simple fact that he could no longer stand do to his laughter.

Jessy shrugged, eyes still glued to the television. “Nothing.”

“Oh? Then why is Jade tied to a chair.”

Again, Jessy just shrugged but this time offered no answer. Mandy just rolled her eyes.

“Right.” Davey muttered, standing and moving over to Jade. With an apologetic smile, he ripped the tape away.

“Ow!” Jade hissed.

“Sorry. What happened while I was gone?”

“Those two ambushed me! They ambushed me!”

Jessy glanced over her shoulder. “I was just testing his ninja powers.”

Jade glared. “My ninjaness is just fine. I don’t use my rad ninja skills against friends. You I might make an exception for, however.”

Jessy once again just shrugged, obviously not worried. “You brought this on yourself.”

“What exactly happened?” Davey asked, voice growing louder with frustration.

Jade pouted. “They tied me down and died my hair.”

Davey stared at him for several seconds as if unsure as to take him seriously, but now that he was looking, he could tell that Jade’s hair was still wet and dark with the dye that was setting in.

“I told you I was going to do it.” Jessy said from the couch.

“Yeah, but who actually does that?” Jade grumbled as Davey began untying him.

“Well, don’t touch your hair without our consent in the future.”

“Yes. For future reference, I will ask the seventeen year old for advice on my hair.” Jade muttered darkly, sarcasm lacing his words.

“Good. Then we’re in agreement.”

Jade groaned. Sometimes he really regretted befriending Jessy. She was a pain in the ass.

THE END!

A/N: If I could, I totally would tie Jade down and re-dye his hair… And make him grow his burns out again. All is not right in the world with a burn-less Jade.