Status: COMPLETE.

One Last Line

Always Have an Alternative

Moping around and acting like a whiny little bitch all the time was not my forte.
I don't enjoy being depressed, I want to get over it.
The only way deemed possible was to visit the local pet store.

I pulled into the parking lot twenty minutes after leaving the field.
The Psychotic Leopard.
The only thing that went through my mind was meowrr.

I walked into the store to see a bored store clerk, a group of guys trying to talk to a parrot,
and a puppy that was a dark gray and had black spots.
I knew I was going to get it as soon as I saw it, so I made my way there.

"Sisky, don't make the bird say that! Don't you know you shouldn't talk about your mom that way?"

"That's funny, I thought my mom was your mom, Jason." Two of the guys kept cracking jokes at each other as I passed by. I just ignored them and kept on.

I looked into the cage the puppy was in as it stared back at me with bright blue eyes.
This dog was already brightening my spirit in the short time I've seen it.
I picked it up, looked it in the face and said,
"Don't you know how much I've missed you, Tati?"
The puppy responded to the name by snuggling into my chest.
I smiled and began to walk to the counter.

"Hell no, I don't want your Cheeto," one of the guys yelled and hit his friend's hand.

The Cheeto landed on the floor right where I was going to walk and I came crashing down as my foot got tripped by it.
Tati jumped out of my hands and hit the bird cage, opening the doors to it and out came three giant parrots.
The pet store was in chaos as everything was trying to settle down.
The group of guys was broken into two, one half was screaming, the other was trying to get the birds as they flew out the door.
I got up and ran to get Tati before she bolted out, too.
I managed to grab her when she was only a few feet from the door.
"Don't run away. I can't afford to lose you again," I scolded her.
In the time I got Tati back, the birds were put up and the guys were walking up to me.

"I'm so sorry about that. I didn't want any of Bilvy's Cheeto's. I don't know where they've been."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eagle Ed + "What sound does a leopard make?" = name of store.
The "meowrr" was what Alex sounded like when he did it.
Sounded like a cat.