‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

Time to Save the World

I woke up the next morning on the couch. The television was blaring and I looked up at my pillow. Riley moved as he saw I woke up. We both looked back at the television. Matt Lauer came back on.

"We have some terribly frightening news this morning." Matt said. "Starting in Odessa, Texas all the way through Fort Worth, people have been dying on the streets due to the disease spreading throughout the air. We can only hope someone will take the risk to save everyone else before it's too late."

I sat up on the couch and looked at Riley. His forehead was creased as he looked at the TV.

"It's almost like he's talking to us." Riley said still looking at the television.

"Who? Matt Lauer?" I asked confused. Riley nodded.

He looked at me with his perfect face. "You have to call Sam, remember?"

"Right." I said stumbling towards the kitchen. My eyes caught what time it was on the clock. It was six in the morning. The others would be waiting.

But, it had only been about nine hours since the disease actually spread. It was spreading far faster than we thought it would.

My hand picked up the phone off of the wall and my fingers dialed the number. It wasn't hard for me to remember things. My memory was a lot better than a human's memory.

The phone went to my ear. It rang quietly as I kept part of my focus on the television in the next room.

"Hello?" Sam's voice said.

"Sam," I said as he cut me off.

"I know. I know. Half of Texas is practically dead. You think that the survivors, if any, are like us. Yes, I know." Sam said.

I creased my forehead. "Okay, then you'll also have the scientists phone number by now."

I could almost sense Sam nodding. "Yeah. Here it is." I grabbed a paper and pen and wrote down the number.

"Thanks." I said.

"No problem. You better call the others." Sam said.

I nodded for some reason. "Yeah, I will."

"Take care, Alyssa. It's not your fault."

"Of course it's not my fault! They are the one's that created it!" I shouted into the phone. Riley turned around looking at me.

"I know. That's why it's not your fault." Sam said.

"Alright, bye." I said hanging up the phone.

I called the other seven and told them everything they needed to know. My mind eventually told me to call the scientist. I picked the phone up with hesitation. I dialed the number Sam gave me and listened to the ring.

"Hello?" The man said.

"Hi, Mr. Williams?" I said.

"Yes." He said nervously.

I thought of what I was going to say and got complete confidence. "The entire human population will die if you don't help me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short but, I was in a hurry...