‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

Fun and Games

Riley let go of my hand and propped himself up on the bed. His bare chest curled with his body. It looked hard as a rock. Riley looked at me. His shoulders were up by his ears as he sat up. He was still taller than me. He smiled and gave a little laugh.

I looked at him. "What's so funny?"

He continued laughing.

"What?" I asked again.

Riley looked at my lips and smiled.

"If we were normal," he said, "right now I'd probably be bleeding to death and my truly beloved would be crying her eyes out."

I grinned. "How do you know that?"

He raised an eyebrow and looked in my eyes. "I heard what you were thinking about when you were up at that window pounding vigorously at it." He teased.

I'm pretty sure my face turned red. "You were thinking the same thing." I mumbled.

Riley moved his arm and lifted my chin. He held onto it and crawled across the bed over to me. I slowly moved closer to him. His eyes focused on my lips. Mine focused on his. He was inches away from my mouth. I smelled his intoxicating aroma and fell into his hypnotic game.

Our lips touched and it all went down hill. He held onto my chin as he moved his lips over mine. Riley slowly moved away to take a breath. I held onto his lower lip as he moved. I let go of it. Riley looked deep into my eyes.

"I would never leave you." He said answering the question I had been thinking about since I saw him fall.

I looked back down at his lips. My legs were still hanging off of the side of the bed.

"I know." I said.

Riley gave a crooked smile. He moved his face towards mine again. Riley's hand slid under my thigh. I moved with his arm and slid onto the bed. I lay down on the pillow. Riley's mouth touched mine and never let go.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. Either of his arms were next to my head. He crouched over me like an animal. I felt the sweat coming from his neck. Riley looked at my shirt without moving away from my mouth. He didn't move an inch away from me.

All of the sudden, the top part of my shirt popped open. I got out of Riley's grasp. He looked at me with a grin.

"Oo." I said in shock and out of breath. "Do you have telekinesis too?"

"No." He said simply. "I have the power to control cloth." He joked.

I smiled. Riley moved his arm from my head and pointed it towards the open door. His open hand closed abrubtly and the door slammed close with his hand.

He smiled and moved towards my ear. His mouth met my ear.

"No," He said answering my mind, "this isn't for pity. It's for love."

He moved away from my ear and met my face. Riley's nose touched mine. It felt cold although he was sweating a bit.

"Good." I said.

Our bodies began moving swiftly with each other. It was odd, having something with someone who was exactly like you and someone that you knew would never leave your side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I moved through the kitchen swiftly. Last night was interesting. It was more than interesting. It was completely unexpected and fun.

My hand flipped the handle on the toaster. The room began filling with the smell of already made waffles. My ponytail flipped around as I moved towards the refridgerator.

All I had on was a pair of shorts and a spaghetti strap tank top. Well, I had my bra and underwear on too.

Riley sighed as he came into the kitchen. I turned to the sigh.

There he stood, the master of all things leaning against the wall with his arms folded. He had a white t-shirt on and he had slipped on a pair of gray sweats.

"Good morning." I said taking at quick glance at the clock that said 9:21.

He gave a crooked smile. "Good morning."

"How's the side." I said motioning towards the side. I picked up a butter knife and the bag of toast.

"It's actually still a little sore."

"I can fix that." I said mving towards him with the knife.

"Woah!" He said backing up away from the knfie.

I flung the knife at the kitchen table and it landed on it's side perfectly. I clenched my teeth and looked ta him.

"You honestly think I would hurt you?" I asked.

"No," he said, "it was a joke, love."

I rolled my eyes. "You are such a pain."

Riley gave an amused laugh.

I moved back to the kitchen table and picked the knife back up. Riley came over to me from behind and began rubbing my shoulders. He put his mouth next to my ear.

"Why don't you let me make something a little bit more for breakfast." Riley said in my ear.

I moved my head and looked at the toast in my hand. "I don't see why."

Riley moved away from me with his hands in the air. He let his hands drop to his thighs and they made a slap sound.

"I try, Alyssa." He said.

"You do succeed." I mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow. "Where is everybody?"

"They went out to eat."

"Why didn't you go?" He asked.

I set the knife and toast down and turned to him. He came over to me. Riley began rubbing my arms.

"Because," I said looking at his lips, "I thought we needed a break. I know I do."

Riley touched my lips with his mouth and moved his head back, looking in my eyes.

"You're right." He said. I creased my forehead. "You do need a break. How about I take you somewhere where we can have alone time."

"Like where?" I asked.

"How about we go take a stroll in the park?" He said with a grin.

I sighed. "You know a stroll to me will always end up in a run."

"I thought you'd say that. I always have a back-up plan."

I gazed in his eyes trying to read the excitement and love in them. "A fly would be nice."

"I have a secret place I want to take you." He said holding my arms.

"You do know that I know every place in the world, right?" I said mockingly.

"So, it's not secret to most people. You just won't expect it." he said.

I sighed. "Great." I looked down at the ground.

"Alyssa," Riley said.

I looked back up at him.

"You're waffle is burning." He said.

My head spun to the toaster. Black smoke filed out of the little toaster. My hand shot towards the toaster with the palm faced out. I closed my plam and the waffle came flying out towards my hand. I caught it.

"Ow!" I screamed. I dropped the waffle on the ground.

Riley let go of my arms. I began jumping around wildly from the heat. Riley grabbed me from behind and held me still. I grimaced in pain. A huge black mark was imprinted on my hand. Riley bent over my shoulder and moved his head towards the burn. He formed his mouth into and 'O' and blew onto my hand. Ice began coming out of his mouth slowly. I watched as my hand slowly cooled down. Riley moved away from it and let me go when my hand wasn't burning anymore.

I turned around and faced him. We both looked at my hand. My body quickly began healing the burn. I rested my arm at my side when the burn completely disappeared.

We both looked at each other. I raised an eyebrow.

"Was that necessary?" I asked.

"It cooled it down, didn't it?" he said.

I nodded. "You have been practicing."

"No," he said. I looked at him in confusion. "Haven't you realized that the alphas really don't need to do anything to activate the powers after one power is activated? Alyssa, we have every power in the book. Some of them are stronger than others. For instance, you can run and shoot flames better than anything you can do, but you can dtill do everything. Weren't you wondering what was happening when you released all that energy out when you were saving me?"

"Well, not really." I admitted.

He shrugged. "You were letting out nuclear activity. If you kept doing that, you could've destroyed that entire place."

I widened my eyes. "I also would have destrpyed half of Texas."

Riley looked at me as if I were supposed to understand something. When he realized I didn't understand, he began explaining.

"Alyssa, if you destroyed half of Texas, you would have been able to get rid of some of the virus."

I shrugged. "Half doesn't mean that it would be gone. Plus, it doesn't mean that I would destroy the virus or disease or whatever."

"No, it doesn't." he continued. "But you would get rid of all of those bodies and once we got rid of them the disease wouldn't be able to spread anymore if no one caught it. Then, we'd have to use Jack's cure, whenever he gets it, and then we can get rid of the entire disease."

I nodded. "Did you just have a spur of the moment or did you think this through?"

He frowned. "Spur of the moment, I guess," he said partially confused.

"Well, alright. Are we going to go for that fly?" I asked.

We both shared glances and looked at the waffle on the ground.

Riley continued looking at it. "Yes. Your wish, my command."

I looked at him. "Hey, I've been thinking about something."

Riley looked at me. "No, I don't think I'm going to keep the Greenwood Ballroom."

I flinched. "Okay. Do you really have to read my mind?"

He shoved his hands into his sweat pants. "I really do."

We both smiled.