‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

Unwanted

Riley and I just held each other's hand and looked at the little shack. Sam looked at us.

"Is is Colombia?" Sam asked us.

Riley shrugged. I frowned. The others moved towards the little shack away from Riley and me.

"It's actually a deserted island." A familiar voice said.

I spun around to it. Riley's hand slipped from mine. He quickly moved behind me as we stared at the man.

"How'd you get here?" I asked my father in a serious tone.

He had his arms crossed over the vest which was over the white formal shirt. The sleeves of the shirt were rolled up.

"I have your friend Eve's power." He said. The man standing in front of me looked like my father, but it didn't seem like him.

Riley's fear was felt through the air. I think he knew something I didn't. This wasn't a reason to be frightened. The others moved away from the shack to behind me. I stood protecting them all from whatever was about to happen.

"Who are you?" I asked knowing it wasn't my father.

"Oh, I think you know." He said.

Suddenly, my father's body began twisting and churning under the skin without him moving. The form and figure of my father disappeared and was replaced by a new person. I stared at the familiar face. For a second, I was frightened too.

"What the hell are you?" I asked Edward. He couldn't be alive. Or could he?

"So, you miss me. Did you?" Edward's glare stayed on me.

"How?" I asked simply.

"Well," he unfolded his arms. "A friend of mine gave me your powers. Whatever power you receive, I receive also."

"How?" I asked again. I felt Riley breath unevenly behind me.

"When you were little, he took a part of your brain that contained some of your powers. You out of all people happened to have two of them. So, when he took yours out, you survived and you kept your powers. That's why you're the alpha. Only because you had two sets of powers. Thanks to your father, I am now alive with all of your powers." Edward continued.

I stared at him. "My father?"

He creased his forehead and grinned. "Not much to say, Alyssa?" Edward turned to Riley. "I don't want to hear a thing from you."

Riley frowned. "I really don't want to hear a thing from you. I'd rather hear it from your grave."

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

Edward shrugged. "I'm here to stop you. That's what antagonists do. Make the story a little interesting."

"You think our life is a story?" I said.

He sighed. "Everyone has their own story."

I creased my forehead.

"Apparently," Edward said, "you don't realize that this island we are on is deserted only because everyone died from the disease you set free. It's spreading more quickly now."

"And I suppose you are only telling me this so that I will be informed that I am the antagonist in your story." I said.

Edward grinned. "You are probably the most vulnerable woman I have ever met. Too bad I let you go to waste. You would have been such a good sidekick."

I flinched at the word 'sidekick'. I was nobody's sidekick.

"It's not too late for you to surrender." I said.

Sam, Peter, Hunter, and Cassidy moved to the sides of Riley. They were still behind me. I straightened my form and slowly walked closer towards Edward. He didn't move. His face turned into confusion. I stood almost right in his face.

"What makes you think I'd surrender?" He whispered although he knew I'd hear.

"Because if you do, you can help us. If this does work, you can go back to killing innocent people and trying to control the world. If it doesn't, well I guess we're stuck in this world alone together." I said. I raised my eyebrows.

Edward unfolded his arms and moved his mouth to my ear. I didn't move.

"Now, I wouldn't want that. Would I?" He asked.

He stayed at my ear. I turned my head slightly towards him. His chin hair scratched my face.

"Only if you want to be my slave." I said.

Edward laughed. "Slave? If it were just us, I'd kill you."

He moved his head away. I looked up at him.

"I thought you were smarter than that. The only way to kill me is to shoot me in one specific spot in my head. Almost impossible to reach. The spot is smaller and thinner than a strand of hair on a dog's ear." I said with confidence.

Edward frowned. I didn't know if he knew that or not. He probably thought he was indestructible.

"Lucky for me," I said, "I can get to that spot without shooting a bullet through your head. I have one thing you don't have."

"What would that be, love?" Edward asked.

I looked at him. "Riley." I stated.

"My brother? Are you kidding?"

Edward looked back at his brother. I didn't have to look to realize they were all confused but Riley. Riley knew exactly what I was talking about.

"I'm not kidding." I said. "Riley reads minds. It seems puny, but it goes farther. If he wanted to, he could dig in your brain and rip out that piece without even touching it. He could shatter it with his own mind and it wouldn't effect him at all."

Edward looked at me. "You think my brother is God, don't you?"

I lifted my chin. "I have a hard time believing God would be down here with us letting everything that is happening happen. I also have a hard time believing God evens listens to you when you pray. If you want to blame a man for all of this, it's him."

I turned away from him gracefully and walked back towards the others. I could feel his glare on my back. I turned my head slightly to send him a warning.

Riley joined my side when I joined them again. He looked down at me. I stared at the air in front of me without blinking.

"You really think he'll join our side?" Riley asked me.

"He's your brother. You tell me." I said.

We continued walking towards the sound of water. We walked around the tiny shack and through trees. As we walked out from the trees, we came to a white sandy beach. The sun reflected off of the water. I looked up at the blinding light. The dark shape of the moon was already moving towards the sun. They say you aren't supposed to look at an eclipse. It didn't have an effect on my eyes at all. The others, except Riley, held their hands over their faces to block the sun.

I looked at Sam as he continued looking at it. "You should've brought sunblock."

He glanced at me. "I'll make sure to add that to my to do list when I get home."

"If." Hunter mumbled.

Cassidy came over to me. I looked at her. She wasn't blocking her eyes either. We stared at each other for a long moment.

"I'm sorry, Alyssa." Cassidy said.

I looked at the white sand. "You aren't the one that should be sorry." I looked back up at her.

She forced a small grin. "You were always the smart one. I should've listened to you."

"Cass," I said, "you were like ten. Not much I could do there."

"Do you have rapid aging?" Cassidy asked.

I smiled. "Yeah, everyone wants to turn into an old lady when they are ten."

She smiled. Cassidy always knew how to make me smile. Even if it was just a simple smile from her own face.

We looked back up at the sun. I continued looking at the moving dark spot. It was gorgeous in an odd way. It was one of the world's natural disasters. It was a disaster because it caused such trouble to my life. If it worked with the whole disease thing, I could forgive the stupid solar eclipse.

"How do you get the solar radiation?" I asked Sam without looking away.

He turned to me. I stared at the dark moon.

"You have to absorb it." Sam said.

I twisted my head and looked at him. "I have to what?"

"Ab..."

"I know what I have to do." I stopped him. "How?"

"It will enter your body on it's own. It will give your powers a boost so, be careful until we release it." Sam said.

Peter looked at me. "Is she going to glow or anything? I don't think I could take that all in."

"That makes two of us." Riley and I muttered together.

"Three." I said as Riley and I looked at each other.

"It's never happened before." Sam said.

"Great." I muttered.

I turned my body back towards the sun and moon. The moon was almost halfway over the sun now. I closed my eyes and took in the saltwater scent. It was mixed with all of our scents which made it the most intoxicating scent ever. The wind blew past me and scattered the scent. I looked back up at the sun. The moon was now almost completely over the sun. I waited patiently for it to happen.

"Sam," I said quickly, "is it possible for me to get that other half of my brain back from Edward?"

He shrugged. "Just because I knew about this doesn't mean I know everything like Jack does."

"He doesn't know everything now." Hunter said.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He shrugged. I turned back to the sun. I looked up at it. The bright sun was now enveloped in darkness. We stood in darkness. The moon's shadow cast over me and I stood very still.

A ray of something came flying at me and it flew through me. It tingled and burned. I screamed in pain as the burst flowed through my entire body. I clenched my teeth together and I couldn't hold the pain I held back. It was so painful, but it was good. Every passing second made me feel more powerful. I didn't want this. This was completely unwanted pain even if it made me feel great. I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, the pain stopped. I looked up at the bright sun that was now yellow again. It shone down on me. I felt weak. My body collapsed on me and I fell to the ground unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not Colombia...it doesn't have a name...huzzah!