‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

I Love You

Riley and I stood next to each other in the back of the ballroom giving people handshakes and hugs as they lined up to greet us. They all looked extremely happy. My brother and sister came up to us.

"You guys look amazing," Cassidy said. Her light blue dress swayed as she enveloped me in a hug. I gave her a hug back.

"I love you, Cass," I said.

"Ugh, not everybody has super strength like you," she said. I let her out of my grasp. She looked at me. "I love you too, Alyssa."

Cassidy turned to Riley. Riley smiled and held out his arms for a hug. Cassidy smiled and entered Riley's hug. I smiled as I watched them and then I looked at my brother. He had a grin on his face.

"Are you sad you had to let me go?" I asked.

He held out his arms and wrapped me in a hug. "I'm happy if your happy," he said in my ear. I held him to me for a moment. I realized both of them had an amazing scent just like the rest of us. Hunter released me and smiled as he turned to Riley. They gave each other a brotherly hug. I looked at who was next in line.

"Tobey, I'm so glad you came." I said looking at the gray haired man who was also the friendliest man I've ever met. Riley looked at him.

"Nice to see you again." Riley said.

Tobey smiled. He turned around and grabbed a woman that was talking to the people behind him.

"Riley, Alyssa this is my wife Julia." Tobey said.

"Hello," she said. "Tobey has been talking about you two since he got back. It truly is a pleasure to finally meet you. I knew I would though."

I looked at Tobey for an explanation. "Yes," Tobey said, "she can see the future. I wouldn't harm our population by marrying a human." He said in a hushed tone.

I nodded and looked at Julia. "Well, it truly is a pleasure to meet you as well. There's never too many people that can enter my life. It's an honor to meet someone that has the talent that you have."

I offered her my hand and she gratefully shook it for a few seconds. When my hand was free, I gave it to Tobey. He smiled at me. Riley then shook both of their hands as well.

Riley and I both looked at the man that was next in line. I gave a half hearted smile as he walked closer to us. He had the same flawless affect as the rest of us. His tie and jacket made him look truly like the scientist he was.

"Mister and Mrs. Ackers." He said smiling.

"Jack, I can truly say I didn't believe you would come," I said.

He smiled and his eyes shimmered. "I promised you I would. A good man always keeps his promise." Jack looked at my dress and then at Riley's suit. "You two are perfect for each other. You both look amazing and well, lets face it, you two know what you are. You're destined to be together."

Riley smiled. "That's good to know."

Jack held out his hand to me and I shook it briefly. Riley shook his hand too.

"This is my last stop in New York," Jack said. "I'm going back to Colorado."

I creased my forehead. "I didn't know you lived in Colorado."

He shrugged. "I travel a lot. Never know when someone might need me." He grinned.

I smiled. Jack walked towards the front door. Riley and I both watched him leave before we greeted our next person. Jack was a good man in many ways.

Riley and I continued greeting everybody. The best men, Sam and Peter, didn't bother to greet us because they would be spending much of their time with their girlfriends. Them and their girlfriends, and Diane, helped pick up the chairs to clear the dance floor. Everybody that finished greeting us went to go and sit somewhere up on the balcony or were talking mindlessly on the dance floor as they waited for the DJ to set up. When Riley and I were done, we traveled over to the middle of the dance floor. The DJ was almost ready. Riley and I just held each other for a moment. A slow song came on and we began dancing slowly in a circle.

"I love you," he said looking down into my eyes.

I looked up at him. "I love you more."

"Why do you say that?" He asked. "You can't possibly love me more than I love you."

"Well," I said, "you can't be so sure that I don't love you more. You are my everything Mr. Ackers."

Riley grinned. "Well, you're my everything Mrs. Ackers."

I smiled. He held me close to him as we spun around. All of the sudden, a spotlight fell on us and the other lights went off. Everybody made a circle around us and was watching our bodies move together. It was odd having coworkers and friends watching us dance.

Riley's mouth went to my ear. "Lets give them something to stare at."

"What are you talking about?" I whispered back.

"Show them your dance moves," he said.

Riley swiftly pushed me away from him and we immediately began spinning and prancing in the circle they formed. They all started clapping and whistling. My dress was bulky and it was partially hard to dance. My feet made me move. Our bodies moved together quickly as the song picked up. Riley smiled as I thought of something I wanted to do. He backed up and I did too. He lifted his hands and motioned me to come to him. I smiled and ran to him. Before I ran into him, I jumped. He caught me and held me over his head by my stomach. The music stopped and the clapping and whistling grew louder. I smiled as Riley put me down. We gave each other a quick kiss and then bowed. The lights came back on.

All of our friends and my siblings came over to us.

"Bravo," Peter said. He had Ann at his side attached by the hip.

"We try," Riley said with a smile.

"You should teach me some of those moves you guys did out there." Sam said with a smile. He probably could have just danced like that anyway if he tried. It was in his blood to be graceful like us. Although, he may not have been as graceful as us.

Diane came running over to us with a chair. "Time to remove that garter," she said. I gave a small sigh. Riley looked at me and smiled.

I moved over to the chair that she placed in the center of the floor. Everybody circled around us again. They all began laughing as I made faces of agony. I sat on the chair slowly. Riley kneeled in front of me.

"Ready?" He asked.

I smirked. "Don't bite me, please."

He smiled and quickly lifted my dress bottom. Riley disappeared under my dress and I felt his breath on my leg. His teeth went to my thigh and I jumped a little. Riley grabbed the lace in his teeth and began pulling it down. I placed my hands on the bump that was coming out of my dress. He shook his head with the act and my hands moved with it. I laughed as he struggled to get it off my knee. In one swift motion, he had it at my ankle. His mouth let go of it and he quickly grabbed it again and pulled it off. Riley came out from under my dress and showed that he had the lace in his mouth. I laughed and he stood up. He spit the garter out of his mouth and caught it in his hand. He laughed and handed it to me.

Throughout the rest of the night, I laughed just about everything. Ann had caught my bouquet of flowers and I continuously teased Peter about proposing to her. He didn't say anything, he just shrugged.

Riley shoved the white and blue cake in my face when he cut a piece off. I took my piece and landed it in his face. All he did was lick it clean, except for the frosting that covered his eyes. I took the honor of licking it off of his fingers when he wiped his face clean. It took me a while to get myself clean.

The rest of the night, we talked to all of our coworkers and people kept greeting us and congratulating us. It was nice to have all of these people here on the biggest day of our life.

At the end of the night, most people went home, but there was still a lot of people that stayed. Riley and I had danced to several songs that we liked and it was joyful. The entire thing was joyful.

When everybody left, except the best men and the brides maids, Riley took me outside into the cool darkness. I looked up at the night sky that was covered with stars. The lights that were wrapped around the columns shone on our faces. They were the only light that I could see at the moment. Riley took my hands and looked in my eyes.

"So, did you have fun?" He asked.

I nodded. "It was interesting when you shoved cake in my face, but yeah. I did have fun."

"I wanted to do one last thing before everything else happens," he said.

"Everything else?" I asked.

He looked at my dress. "Before anything else."

"Anything else meaning before we get into another war with somebody that wants us killed?" I stated.

Riley nodded his head. "That sums it up pretty well."

I smiled. "So, what are you going to do Mr. Ackers? Swoop me off my feet?"

He smiled. "Ah, Ann can't keep a secret."

"What?"

Riley released my hands and picked me up in his arms like he always does. He quickly crouched and lept into the air. In seconds, we were flying over New York City once more. The lights of the buildings were beautiful. I looked up at my new husband.

"Do they know we left?" I asked referring to my siblings and friends.

Riley smiled his sweet smile. "They offered to clean up while I brought you home."

I yawned. "I'm sorry, but I am tired."

I know. He yawned too. "I'm tired too."

"You? Riley Ackers is tired?"

He gave a small chuckle. "I realize I never seem tired, but I am."

I smiled and rested against his chest. It felt different flying in a dress and laying against the suit that covered his hard chest.

"Sleep away, love," Riley said.

I closed my eyes and smiled. "I will always love you, Riley."

"Likewise, Alyssa. Always and forever." His voice said.

I buried my face in his chest and smelled the intoxicating aroma. I smiled from the sweet scent.

"Riley," I said.

"Yes, love?"

"Promise me one thing," I said.

"Anything you want," he said.

"Don't ever leave me," I said.

He sighed. "I would never leave you. I will never leave."

I smiled. "Thank you."

"I will never leave the love of my life. I promise you that. No matter how many times I say it, it will always be true. Just never forget that I love you, Alyssa." He said.

For the first time in a long time, I was certain of several things. One, I was married to my best friend and soul mate. Two, I loved him with my whole heart. And three, I would do anything and everything for him. Riley James Ackers was now the only thing that mattered to me now. There was nothing that could destroy the love that I felt for this one man.