‹ Prequel: Move

Risk

Perfect

"Okay, look" I told her, "who are you and why do you keep telling me I don't want to know?"

She gave a little laugh. I noticed she was younger than me by several years. It was odd seeing a smaller version of me. She even looked a little like me.

"You want to know who I am?" She said and laughed again. She wiped drool off of her chin.

I sighed. "Tell me who you are or I'll kill you." I said.

She laughed again. Why did she think this was so funny?

"You wouldn't kill me. I know you wouldn't." She gave another laugh.

I sighed. "Then, who are you?"

She looked into my eyes. "I'm your sister."

My forehead creased. "Cassidy?" I said remembering the past. "But, you died in the fire with dad and Cody."

"With Hunter and your mommy too, right?" She said laughing again.

"Just because we don't have the same mother doesn't mean that you can push me around, Cass." I said mockingly.

My little sister laughed again. "You don't know me. I can't believe you even believed I was dead. You believed your entire family was dead just because some man in a black tuxedo comes to your door doesn't mean that he's telling the truth."

"A lot has changed since then. I'm having a hard time believing anything anyone tells me unless they prove it."

Cassidy laughed again. "Dad died because of us, Alyssa. Cody died because of us. Your mom died because of us. And I know Hunter is still alive."

"Was it you then? Was it you inside my head?" Cassidy looked back down at the ground. Her hair wasn't brown like I thought. It was blonde.

"Yeah, it was me. I wanted to get you to see how your past was so perfect without your family. You have friends and a partial family." She said nodding back towards my house even though it was far away.

I stood back up and folded my arms. "My life kind of changed, Cass, when I found these powers. It changed even more when I found Riley. Now look at us, Cass! We are all running for our lives!"

Cassidy laughed again. "Running from what? Your disease or dad?"

I frowned. "What are you talking about dad?"

Cassidy laughed another mocking laugh. This laugh was frightening me in a way. "Our father, Alyssa, is the reason we are being rounded up. He is going under the name Brian. He's working for the government and the President of the US of A. Our father is why I am a villain."

I creased my forehead. Why was my life so complex? My sister, brother, and dad happen to appear in my life at the same time. Why? Why is the only question I had.

"Cassidy," I said calmly, "is dad like us?"

This time, Cassidy frowned with me. "Yes, big sis'. Our father is just like every single one of us. But, he supposedly isn't dangerous."

"Why is that?" I said looking away from her.

"He can breath underwater." She said looking up at me.

"Hmm. What a great power." I said.

"It is when the US government is searching for the good and bad people like us. They won't take dad unless they see him breath underwater. Unfortunately for us, there won't be a chance of that happening."

I shrugged. "So, what can you do?"

Cassidy stood up off of the ground. "Just about everything you can do. Not everything though. You have more inside you then I do. It runs through the family."

I thought about it for a second. "Then, why does Hunter only have one and dad only has one?"

Cassidy shrugged. "Not everyone in families look alike. Not everyone in families get the same genes."

I smiled. "So, we are the odd balls then."

Cassidy gave a small laugh of joy. "You're odder though."

"Thanks for the reminder." I said. I looked her over. She was shorter than me by a few inches. She had to have still been a teenager. Cassidy was always the youngest out of all of us. I thought about it. She would have been seventeen.

"I assume you really want to know why I am here." Cassidy said looking away from me.

I shrugged. "It would be helpful to know if you are on my side or not."

"I suppose it would be, big sis'. Always running around trying to save the world. But, now you have just begun destroying the world." Cassidy said.

"You can't get to me. You're the one that admitted it. I am stronger than you." I told her.

Cassidy frowned. Her face was trying to hide the fear. "What makes you think I am getting to you?"

"Because, I know that you would do anything to get your way. That's how you've always been." I said.

She frowned even more. "Alright." She said defeatedly. "I came to find you because I have no one else to turn to. No one else that could keep me safe. I'm almost eighteen and half of my life has been revolving around running. I'm tired of running."

"You think I'm not tired of running? My past weak was running and slashing people's necks." I said.

Cassidy curled her lip in disgust. "I'm not entirely like you. I don't go around killing people."

"What if the 'people' was dad? Would you kill the 'people' then?" I asked her.

She frowned. "I'm sorry for everything I've done. I need you now. You are the only one any of us can look to."

"No, Cass. You are the only one that is looking for me. You found me. Now what? I save you? I have way too many people to look after. First, Riley and now I have Sam, Peter, Hunter, Eve, Meredith, my friends, and now you. I'm not God, Cass."

Cassidy frowned. "I have a hard time believing in a God that would let this happen."

I nodded. "Me too but, I can't act like everyone's savior."

"You have to, Alyssa. You have everything you need, everything you need to save the world." Cassidy said.

"So, that's it then? I save the world while we run from our father."

"That's why I need you. To kill our father and the people that work for him."

I frowned and crossed my arms tighter. "You're the one that said you didn't like to kill."

Cassidy became very serious. "Forget what I said ten seconds ago. I change my mind easily. I want to kill the people that are making my life hell."

"Cass," I said unfolding my arms, "if we kill all of them then they will see us even more like monsters. Then, they'll get everyone after us and we won't have anywhere to go."

"What else, Alyssa?" She said. "Should we just let everyone else die from the disease? I already know you called Jack. I've worked with him before."

"How long have you been running?" I asked.

"Hmph. Too long." She said folding her arms.

I sighed. "Well, do you want to go back to my place, monster?"

"Why, so I can meet your fiancee'?"

I shrugged. "That and my new friends, I guess."

"Race you there." Cassidy disappeared through the trees. I ran after her. Two speedsters running through the wilderness. Too bad it wasn't for the fun of it.