Letter to Me

Jenny Scott

Just go with the flow...Don't try to stop something and make it harder for you when you finally realize your going to do it anyways.

Taking the postcard I ripped it into pieces, ignoring the return address that was not my mother's newest placing of living when she was alive.

“I feel better.” I said staring down at the pieces that laid across my bed. “She's dead, she can't tell me what to do anymore.”

“Honey, hurry up, where going to be late.”

My father was talking to me again. A nice surprise that I had missed more then I had realized. Carefully I un folded my legs and slipped off the bed, not looking back at the mess that seemed to be calling out my name.

“This is nice.” Dad said taking a sip of water. I looked around, we were in a deserted Tavern.

“Nice.” I agreed, smiling back at him.



“So have you talked to him yet?” Dianne asked from beside me as we walked to the small dinner that was just up the road from my house.

“Yes.” I answered, covering my voice to hide that are conversation weren't about her.

“So?”

“He likes you, just a matter of time, my friend, just a matter of time.”


I stared down at the mess on my bed, sighing I got out the tape.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't know if I'm taking this to fast or to slow. To me there moving slowly, but that might just be because I know what's going to happen and I'm anxious to write it.

So if your finding it un realistically fast or boringly slow, either way tell me, I'm a nice person.... most of the time, and rarely bite, I promise.