Letter to Me

Jenny Scott

I think I can, I think I can, chant do whatever you have to instead of walking away.

I couldn't do it, I sat at the end of their drive for an hour, not moving. What was I turning into some sort of stalker? This isn't me, I'm shy and nervous not daring and outgoing. Did aliens take over my body?

Driving away I shook my head at myself. I'm going crazy even thou the person I thought I would miss the less, was the one I was missing. Who did she think she was anyway? She was dead and she was still making my mind go in never ending circles of what ifs.

I groaned, pulling a sharp left I made my way down the dirt path.

Two boys and two girls sat at the end of the dock, just sitting there as the moon shined down on the lake. The boat was still in the water beside the trailer that was hooked to the truck. A moment in time that was paused, well they enjoyed the silence of the lake at this time of night.

There was no room to turn my car around, it was a one lane dirt road. I pulled out into the open, gulping as I watched their heads turn. My face went up in flames, Jared, Emily, Brad, Sarah. These where defiantly not the the type of people I talked to.

Hesitantly I backed up and then turned to go back down the dirt lane, away from the only place I felt peace. I couldn't help it I looked back at them, envy filled me they where everything I wanted, love, friendship, family, well off and troubled free. It probably didn't take much for them to think their life was terrible.



“Are you okay Jen?” Dianne asked me.

“I'm fine.” My voice oozed out lies.
♠ ♠ ♠
.....I feel like putting something here.....