Letter to Me

Violet Bukowski

Forgive before it's to late.

I stared out the window as the rained poured down. I was so stupid, I avoided Daffy the whole week, not noticing the signs of her life making it's finale count down. Finally I decided to suck up my pride and tell her I was sorry, but when I went into her room and tried to wake her, her eyes didn't open, her body was cold.

My screams I thought could have made the earth shatter into a million pieces, I'm now learning the reason she came here was to die in the bed she grew up in, of course no one told me, I just thought she was visiting she'd go back home. I didn't think it was this close. but it was and now tears where shed around the house just like the rain, accept for me.

I stayed still and watched everyone move around me. The only time I communicated was nodding or shaking my head other wise I was speechless the last sound to come out of my mouth was the scream that at the time was so full of pain I hadn't even known was mine.

“Violet.” His voice was soft as he laid his hand down on my shoulder, the urge to shuffle away was aching in my bones.

Slowly I turned my head to the window and pressed my cheek against the cool glass. A shiver ran down my spine rain in the summer doesn't happen often around here and when it does the coldness it brings is a surprise from the heat that you've finally gotten used to.

“You should-”

But I was gone before he could finish his finger tips running down my spine as I got up. This time the shiver wasn't due to the cold.

Staring at a picture of me and my aunt I felt my lips twitch into a smile. Which grew even larger when I felt his arm encircle my waist, his cheek brushing against the top of my head. Leaning back I wonder how I would have made it through her death without him.

Pulling my blankets around me I planned to stay there, curled up in a cocoon of blankets. Blocking out the reality that was knocking on my door.

“Come on Violet, you need to eat, your mother has enough to cry about without adding you to the load.”

My voice was rasp and harsh, “Leave me the fuck alone David.”

I watched as he stood at the door, his shadow darken the crack at the bottom of the door. Finally he left, squeezing my eyes shut I put a pillow over my ear trying to block out his footsteps and my mother's crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lack of updates.