Letter to Me

Sarah Carpenter

UGH, just don't screw it up okay? For once just move on.

“Your mother's here.” Dad said his voice sounded nervous and on edge.

“What?” I asked looking up confused from where I stood folding my clothes.

“Dinner.” I just stared at him, “You, her, and Jared ringing any bells?”

“Oh right.” I said trying to smile.



“Stop staring.”I hissed at John out of the corner of my mouth.

“This is your finale year make the school proud, your role models to the younger students remember that....”The principles voice echoed over the gym as he spoke to the senior class.

Looking over to make sure he did in fact stop staring I watched as he and Jenny Scott shared a look. And not the type of look you gave your crush, it was almost...hostile.


Sitting across from Jared most have been the most awkward experience of my life. My mother beside me was going on and on about some sort of sale she wanted to go to before she left town. Completely oblivious to the tension that was coming from me and Jared in killer waves.

Every time I sneaked a glance at him he was either smiling tolerantly at my mother well nodding along, or staring down at his plate as if it was going to open up and become his escape route. His actions infuriated me, he did not have to come, my mother called him and asked if he still wanted to attend dinner on the way to the restaurant. He could have came up with an excuse but he didn't instead he drove down the restaurant that my parents separation occurred in.

Staring at him over my glass of water I almost choked when are eyes met. His smile grew brightening up the foul mood I had been in just moments before. For a moment I found myself smiling back, he was perfect.

But just as the thought fluttered in my mind I remembered who wasn't perfect sitting at this table.

Just as quickly as my mood was lifted it came crashing down, I glued my eyes to my plate, hoping it would hear my calls for help and open.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wrote this awhile ago....

I don't know why I didn't post it. >.<

Does anyone have any guesses what's going on between Sarah, Jenny and John?