Letter to Me

Violet Bukowski

Hug Aunt Daffy as much as possible.

“Who was that boy?” Daffy asked sitting cross legged across from me on my bed.

“Tom Franklin.” I told her flustered as a light redness creped up into my cheeks.

“Do you like this Tom Franklin?” She asked, her forehead crinkled, she was raising her eyebrow, I would never know since her vibrant red hair was gone.

“...Sometimes....Maybe....No, not really....His an ass...Yes I like him.” I told her my face scrunching up as I tried to answer her question.

I leaned in forward stealing her coffee that she held between her hands, taking a gulp I passed it back to her. Looking around my blue room, trying to look anywheres but at her. My bureau against the opposite wall was full of hair elastics, baseball caps, body lotions, make – up piled up and rarely used. My room was bare, no posters, no pictures, basic four walls and a ceiling, no closet, a door that was opposite of my window, small bed, two pillows.

“That was the straight answer I was looking for.” Daffy said smiling as she took a sip.

“I've know him since pre – school, he used to chase me around the playground and push my off the swings. In middle school he made sure he announced to the class when I was on my period, to tell you the truth I don't know why I said yes when he asked.”

“Might have something to do with those dark and mysterious brown eyes.” Daffy suggest a sweet, daring smile played over her face.

“I do not know what your talking about.”



“Just don't.” Sarah said before she brushed passed Brad, taking her seat across the classroom.

Brad watched her take her seat in front of Jenny and John, she sat there her back straight. Brad shook his head in frustration before leaving my door way for the last five minutes before my class started.

This if not abnormal enough, I found John staring at Jenny and then looking back at Sarah a question written on his face, a question Jenny wasn't going to answer.


“Are you ever going to say thank you?” David inquired following me down the hall from my bedroom to the bathroom.

“For what?” I asked, stopping as I stepped in the doorway of the bathroom.

“For catching you, saving your life, pulling you onto the roof, preventing skull damage, broken bones, any of this ringing a bell for you?” David as leaning towards me his arm resting on the wall beside the doorway.

“Thank you.”

His smile was short lived seeing as how I slammed the door in his face.

David wasn't Tom but he had his share of moments to, commenting on my growth spurts no matter where they where found, my clothes, my dates, my summer, my plans basically everything that was about me and not him. It was infuriating and lasted the whole summer no matter that he by legal documents was older then I, and should be more mature.

Are relationship had never gotten over the embarrassing moment I admitted I had a crush on him when I was twelve and he was fourteen. He brought it up at the worst possible times and always liked to point out my red cheeks.



“I'd advise you all to pick your -

“SUCK ON THIS SENIORS!” I glanced over to my door to see a boy standing there arms over head, completely naked.

“Mr. Bentley could you take yourself and your twig with raisins attached out of my classroom?” I asked him eyebrows raised. He blushed and then quickly fumbled with the door until it clicked closed with him on the other side.

“Sorry bout that Miss B, his just a little angry he didn't get on any of the teams.” Logan said smiling at me as he got out of his seat and headed for the door.

“Do me a favor and don't cause an ambulance to come to the school, it costs the school money, money out of my paycheck.” I told him as I sat down at my desk.

“No problem Miss. B, I'll be right back.” Logan reassured me a serious mask covering his face as he walked out of my classroom.

“That was interesting.” Jenny said loudly, everyone turned to her eyebrows raised surprised she had spoken, immediately her cheeks went up in flame.

“Frankly it was more horrifying.” Sarah said her face full of disgust.

“I'm going to have nightmares.” Emily cried slamming her head down on the desk.