I See the World in Black and White

Ordinary Day

The weekend was full of pepperoni pizza, small sibling squabbles, music, movies, and, dare I say it, more pepperoni pizza. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end. Monday morning rolled around in all its crappy glory to put a damper on our moods.
Andy was still really sore but better. He took his pain medicine as I swung his pack over my shoulder with mine. “Angela! Hurry the hell up! I already don’t want to go, I don’t need grief for being late too!” “Oh, shut it,” she said descending the stairs. “You’re just jealous you aren’t as pretty as I am.”
She stuck her tongue out at him before crawling into the back of his two-door. He pushed the seat back into place and got in as I started it up. Off we went to the torture chambers in the dark abyss of the barren land. Yeah, I’m overdramatic, I know.
School was pretty uneventful. As soon as one of my classes was over, I ran to meet Andy at wherever his class was at the time and walked him to his next one. I didn’t want to give John or his lackeys an opening. I knew they couldn’t bother him in class because the teachers were there, but nothing was stopping them in the hallways.
I didn’t think John would try anything. I’m pretty sure I scared him shitless Saturday night. But I couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t go after Andy when I wasn’t looking, and I couldn’t be sure he informed all of his friends of our ‘talk’ Saturday night.
On Wednesday, Andy asked me to back off. “It really doesn’t look like they’re going to bother me, Aidenn. Can you just chill? You haven’t been yourself, man. Angela really misses you.” I smiled sadly at him. “Just let me finish out the week, Andy. I just want to make sure. Jocks have short attention spans. If I can just make sure until Friday, I know you’ll be safe.” “All right.”
As it turns out, the real reason none of Andy’s other friends would come with him Saturday wasn’t because they had other plans. They had ditched him. They had completely turned their backs on him. I still didn’t know the reason why, but it wasn’t the right time to ask.
Thursday went by, then Friday came along, and I found myself lying on the couch in Andy’s house watching the golden light of afternoon spill through the window. His parents wouldn’t get home from work until late. Angel went to the mall after school with a couple of friends.
“Dammit, I give up!” Andy yelled, throwing the controller across the room. “Chill out, man!” I said laughing. He started laughing with me until Angel walked through the door. I stopped laughing and stood up. Andy smiled and stood up, turning off the game console.
All three of us headed up the stairs in silence. Angel went towards her room while I stared after her. Andy gave me a gentle shove in her direction and whispered ‘go.’ I looked back at him as he smiled and headed in the direction of his own room. I ran to catch up with Angel.
I ran into her room just as she was closing the door. She looked a little surprised, especially when I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into me. I gave her a quick, gentle peck on the lips. Once over her initial shock, she wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her head in my chest.
“I missed you,” she whispered. “I know,” I said kissing the top of her head.
She leaned her head up and kissed my neck because she wasn’t able to reach my lips. It didn’t mean anything, but it felt so good. I closed my eyes and sighed as she kissed there again.
Getting frustrated, she moved her hands to bring my head down closer to hers. We kissed for a while. Just kissed. Until she pulled away for air.
“Aidenn, I-” I cut her off with my lips crashing against hers. I turned with her so that I had her pushed against the door. I kissed her lips, her neck, her cheeks. And she kissed back.
After several minutes, she pushed gently on my chest. Pushing me away. I backed up just a little, keeping my arms around her waist.
“Angel?” I asked.
“Aidenn, you can’t just not talk to me for a week then, then, kiss me. Not like that.”
“Oh, Angel. I’m sorry. You know I didn’t mean to not talk to you. I just wanted to make sure Andy was safe. And it’s not like we didn’t talk at all. We did.”
“Aidenn, why?”
“Why, what?”
“Why did you kiss me like that?”
I smiled and rested my forehead on hers. “The same reason you kissed me liked that.” She blushed. “No. It‘s not the same reason.” “Angel, I like you. I really like you. Please tell me that that‘s your reason too.”
She looked slightly apprehensive, but she nodded pulling me back into a kiss. “Do you really?” she asked me. “God, Angel,” I said softly, “of course I do! I lo-I do. Why do you doubt me?” Man, that was close. I almost told her that I loved her! That would not have been good!
“I’m sorry, Aidenn. I’m just so unsure of myself. It’s just hard for me to see-”
“To see what?” I asked when she didn’t finish. “To see how a guy as amazing as you could care about me.” “Yeah,” I said, “I’m so amazing that I completely ignore you for a week.”
She just rolled her eyes at me and led me by the hand to her bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know! But it is an update and much sooner than it was suppose to be, so be happy! By the way, I'll just leave what is happening with Angel and Aidenn at the end to y'all's imagination until the next chapter. *wink, wink*