Chicago Is for Lovers

14: I've Wanted This Longer

I know everything changes, all the cities and faces.

I’ve Wanted This Longer.

“Where does this put us?” He asked. He was seated on my computer chair, facing me.

I was under the covers, shivering from the coldness of the Chicago winter that was fast approaching.

I didn’t speak. I was afraid of what might come out.

“Cass… you have to talk to me.” William nagged.

It was 5 in the morning and William had come over to talk.

“Why are you here?” I said icily.

“I told you. So we could t—“

“About what exactly?” I hissed.

“Last night.”

“What about last night, William?” I said, blankly this time, absolutely no emotion.

“About You and Jason. Are you two back together?” he asked shyly.

“No… why do you ask?”

“I saw you two hugging and laughing and—“

“I get it William!” I yelled.

“Can you stop Goddamn cutting me off!?” He yelled.

I stayed silent, closing my eyes and biting my lip, trying to stop the tears from falling.

“Tell me. Are you two back together?” He asked.

“We’re not.”

“Okay. Good.”

“Now will you tell me why you’re here? Because I’m sure that’s not the only reason.” I said clenching my jaw, opening my eyes again, focusing on my chipped nail polish scratching it off more.

“We’re going on tour.” He stated simply.

“God, William. How daft do you think I am? I’m pretty sure the whole of Chicago knows your going on tour.” I said finally looking him in the eye.

“Let me finish. We’re leaving next week, on the tenth, just in time for the break. We’ll all be taking individual study from then on. We’ll be back in June to start Warped.”

“Six months.” I said.

“Yeah…”

“Can you be a day late?” I asked, looking up to him hopefully.

“Why?” he asked.

“My birthday is on the tenth,” I stated.

“Oh…”

“So can you?” I asked again.

“Of course not. That’ll be impossible!” He yelled.

“What do you mean?! I’m your girlfriend! Just a few hours late isn’t allowed?!” I yelled as well.

“Cass, I can’t! This is my future, my past and my every thing! This is it! I won’t ever get a chance like this again!” He stood up towering over my limp figure.

“One day William! Can’t you just stay here?!”

“NO!”

“UHG! This is infuriating! Get out!” I yelled, standing up and pointing at the door.

“What?!”

“Just last week you kept saying I was your everything and now your career is, then fine William. Go get it! Go get your career in this make or break business. I just wont be here when you get back. So you should get a head start. Get out.”

December 9th
7:00 p.m.


“I’ll get it!” I yelled as I heard the doorbell rang.

I opened the door my huge, ear to ear smile disappearing.

“Cass,” William started.

“William,” I replied in the same manner.

“I just wanted to see you,” He said.

“Okay.”

“Did you mean it?” He asked.

“Leaving? Not being here when you get back?” I knew he would ask.

“Yeah.”

“Mhhm… I’m flying to California tomorrow. Dad bought back the house and Jason is moving in with me while we’re both in college… So in 6 months I’ll be in UCLA… and this’ll probably be the last time you’ll see me…” I stated.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked.

“Leaving?” I clarified. “Because…”

“Because what? Your leaving the only family you’ve got left…”

“My father only took me in so I could finish school and get into a university… I’m turning 18 tomorrow and he said I could go back to where I was brought up… the place where my real family is… where Jason is. Home… Chicago isn’t home Will… this is just some where I was forced to stay in… Chicago is a battle field William… I don’t belong here. I really don’t,”

“Cass don’t do this…” William said.

“William… I’m repeating myself. I. Don’t. Belong. Here. I was meant for California… Chicago is… it’s…”

“It’s what Cassidee? Tell me the real reason your leaving,”

“Chicago Is For Lovers.”
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it!
THE END!

BUT FEAR NOT!

A sequel will be up by probably tomorrow night.:)
Thank you to everyone who commented.
You are all amazing.