Iris and Crimson

What? They're family?

-Ayame-

It has been a month since Gaara came to stay here. We were getting along very well. But just as friends. We did fight from time to time but it normally was stupid arguments. I was standing in the throne room with Gaara and his siblings, waiting for my father to speak.

“Well, tomorrow, you’ll be leaving fir Suna” my father said. I sighed and nodded. I didn’t want to leave my home, the place I loved so much. Sara must have realized that I am sad since she wrapped her arms around me.

“Oh, Aya, we’ll be there soon! And then you will be happily married!” she said with a huge smile. I forced to smile back but it didn’t work so well. I glanced at my father. Haruna wasn’t here for some reason. I wonder where she is. Kankuro wasn’t there either.

-Haruna-

I was in my room, staring at my reflection in the mirror when there was a knock on my door.

“Come in” I said as I pulled my fingers through my dark hair. The door opened revealing a guy I have never seen.

“Who are you?” I asked, bewildered.

“Sorry, it’s me Kankuro” he said. I gasped. He didn’t have on his make-up or hat! No wonder he looked different.

“Um, the king wants to see you” he said. I nodded and he left. That’s when something hit me. It can’t be! I plucked open my drawer and pulled out my photo album. I turned to the photo with the group photo of Hikari-sama, ex-fiancée, that woman and me. The resemblance….it can’t be…….

I threw the album against the wall, anger building up inside of me. I then rushed down the stairs and into the throne room. I nearly tripped over my kazami but I didn’t care. I stopped and tried to catch my breath.

The whole room was staring at me, confused.

“This wedding……I can’t let it happen” I hissed. Satsohi looked at me like I hit mu head, the elders of both places stepped forward, confused.

“Why not? Do you want this alliance to be broken?” they asked me, angry.

“I refuse that mu step-daughter marries such scum!” I yelled. Gaara, Kankuro and Temari looked taken aback.

“Haruna, it’s ok, I know it’s my duty and-“ Ayame tried to calm me but I glared at her. I noticed that Sara was standing next to her, holding her hand. That made me even more angry.

“Get away from her” I hissed through my teeth. Sara looked taken aback as well and Satoshi stepped down and walked closer.

“Haruna, love, what on earth is the matter with you?” he asked as calmly as he could.

“Stop lying Satoshi! You know just as well as I do! Sara is not your daughter!” I yelled. There were gasps and Sara’s eyes grew wide with shock.

“What do you mean?” Ayame asked.

Satoshi sighed.

“Haruna, I know she’s not my daughter, but she is Maika’s daughter, and I will love her like she is my own” Satoshi said.

“Then, who is my father? And what does this have to do with Ayame’s wedding?” Sara asked.

“Your father, is the first man I fell in love with, the fourth kazekage” I admitted, ashamed. There were gasps again.

“Then, you’re my-?” Sara began but I shook my head.

“No, your mother is Maika. She accidently became pregnant before your father purposed to her”

“But what does this have to do with the wedding?” Satoshi asked.

“Wait a minute, then Sara is…….my elder sister?” Temari gasped. Everyone’s attention was now on her. Sara blinked in confusion.

“You mean, the fourth is you father?” Ayame asked as she stared in amazement at the ‘four siblings’.

Gaara nodded and I sighed.

“You see Ayame, I was your age when my father decided that I have to get married to the fourth. But when he met me Maika was with me and he fell in love with her. I don’t know what happened, but Maika came to me one day, scared to death. She was pregnant with his baby and she was getting married to Satoshi. I was mad at her for betraying me, since I loved the fourth. So I threw her away like trash. I though that maybe I will find happiness with him after he realized that Maika doesn’t love him, but then that blonde, Karura came. Damn I hate her. She spoiled everything and the wedding was called off” I explained and I heard Gaara growl.

“Insult my mother like that again and you’ll wish you never met me” Gaara hissed. I snorted.

“This wedding cannot happen! I will not allow Ayame to get married to their children!” I hissed. Satoshi sighed and turned to Gaara and the others.

“Well……I can’t go against my wife’s wishes….so I guess…the wedding is cancelled.” He said, but I knew he didn’t want to do this.

“How do you know my mother?” Ayame asked me.

“She was from the Hikari clan, I called her Hikari-sama. My family worked for them and I served as Yukari-sama’s helper” I admitted.

“Fine, the wedding is off! And so is the alliance!” Saya and Jing hissed and the Suna people stomped out.

“Wow, Haruna, I never knew you cared so much for my daughters” Satoshi said with a sniffle.

“Since I can’t have my own children, they are all I have” I said as he hugged me.

“You can’t have children?” Ayame gasped. I nodded and then Ayame began to cry! For my sake. She hugged me and her father and then she ran out of the room, crying.

“Ayame!” I yelled and ran after her.

-Sara-

I sat on the bed in my room, my husband, the Tsuchikage sat behind me.

“Sara, what’s wrong?” he asked me.

“Haruna hates me, not the others, because I am the daughter of the fourth and mother” I echoed. He sighed and hugged me from behind.

“Do you want to move to Suna to your siblings?” he asked. I shook my head.

“I have siblings here too” I sniffed.

“Yes, but in Suna you don’t have a mother who hates you” he stated and I chuckled.

“I’m an orphan….” I said….my husband sighed and hugged me tighter.

-Ayame-

I sat on my bed in a curled up ball. My head was resting on my knees and I hugged my knees to my chest. Why was I being so emotional? Because Sara is my half-sister and not real sister? Because Haruna cares about me in reality? Because Haruna can’t have kids? Or because…..because…..Gaara was gone?

I sobbed for a good few hours. I don’t know why I was crying…I don’t know how I was crying. Why did my life feel so, empty? There was a knock on my door and someone entered, I didn’t move though.

“Ayame, where’s Gaara?” I heard Sakura ask me. I shrugged.

“He left?” Naruto broke the silence. I nodded.

“The wedding is off?” Sakura echoed. She then sat next to me on the bed.

“Ayame, is this what you want?” she asked me. I looked up. My eyes were swollen and red because of all the crying.

“I….don’t know” I admitted.

“Do you want to come with us to Suna?” Sakura offered. My eyes widened, I might then be able to see Gaara again! Wait, why did I just say that? I didn’t want to get married to him! Right?

“Since when are we going to Suna?” Naruto asked confused. Sakura rolled his eyes at his stupidity.

“If Ayame wants to go, then we are going” she explained. Naruto nodded.

“I think, I’ll stay here, it’s not like I love Gaara” I lied. In truth I didn’t know what I felt for him, but he defiantly was not my enemy. That I knew. My heart raced so fast when I said his name….what was happening to me?

“Ok, we will be leaving then” Sakura said as she and Naruto left for Konoha. I stood up and decided to stare out my window for awhile.

I was still standing in front of the window when I felt something behind me. I was about to turn around when two arms grabbed me and placed something over my mouth. And then everything was black.