Sequel: Road Trip
Status: Finished. The Sequel, Road Trip Is Active

A Sea Of Dead Drives Men Insane

Chapter 2

I immediately crossed the message off, shuddering. The messages were getting more and more frequent as it got closer to his release date...25.4.09

A month of freedom left before I have to start running. This guy was a monster, a killer. He wants me dead. I hate to think about it.

I shut the laptop down, turning it off at the plug. The room fell silent, leaving me sat there wallowing in it for a few minutes. I stared out of the window in front of me, my apartment cold and breezy. I watched the sun shine down on passers by below as I sat at my desk, worrying for my life.

I hadn't told the guys - Max, Robert or Monte - about the threats. They just knew Ronnie wouldn’t be pleased to see me.

And it was only me who knew - he'd be much more than that

My name is Craig Mabbitt, the not-so-new lead singer of Escape The Fate. I joined the band more than three and a half years ago now, as a replacement for Ronnie, who’s in jail for assisted murder. Alright, he’s not an actual murderer, but to sit and watch a guy die is sick enough in my eyes. I’m a pretty sensitive guy, and I try to do no wrong to anyone. A lot of people seem to think I’m trying to replace Ronnie, as in be everything he was, but I’m not. I’d hate to be everything he was. I mean, I thought at least he’d just accept the fact he’d been replaced in the band - Max did what he had to do, didn’t he? To save the band? Ronnie would’ve done the same thing, surely. Ronnie was a great front man, and I admired his vocals. But I’m not trying to be him.

But he continues to be bitter, after almost 4 years. Well, I supposed he’d have a lot of time to think with all that time in a cell. But still, he used to be a good guy - why can’t he just forgive me?

I guess I’ll never know.

I got up from my chair, the breeze in my apartment becoming apparent when I stood, as the cold wrapped itself around my naked torso and I shivered. It was as if the whole world knew Ronnie was out to get me. I wandered over to the mirror by my bed, sorting my greasy long black hair into a vaguely presentable style, as I was meeting the guys a bit later for some writing sessions. I stared for a second at my very-much-alive self in the mirror for what I thought would be one of the final times, grabbed my black iron fist t-shirt to go with my black iron fist jeans, grabbed my notes for the practice and set off.
♠ ♠ ♠
Diclaimer: Ronnie's release dates stated in this are NOT the real ones. and also i'm not entirely sure if the crime he did was right either, I'm fairy sure it is though. If someone would like to correct me that would be great :D and also anything else to do with Ronnie, his crime and his jail sentence are not real. Completely made up, along with the rest of the story. Don't worry, Ronnie doesn't wanna kill our little Craig :)

Thanks :)