Sequel: Road Trip
Status: Finished. The Sequel, Road Trip Is Active

A Sea Of Dead Drives Men Insane

Chapter 7

“Ahh! Craigifer! Maxxie!” Ronnie cackled, sending shivers through my whole body. This couldn’t be happening. “You’re just in fucking time,” he growled, grabbing my hoodie and yanking me through the door, throwing me onto the floor to the other side of the room, Max following shortly after. I hit what used to be Max’s bass, the splinters from it’s neck sticking right into my leg. My eyes frantically searched the battered studio for Robert and Monte, my breathing quickening like hell. Ronnie was right, my worst nightmare become reality.

“Radke, you fucking-” Max stood before he could finish his sentence as his anger took over, scrambling at Ronnie’s feet. Max swung for him, Ronnie flailing and grabbing his cheek pretty much as soon as his pale fist made contact with Ronnie’s small but evidently strong frame, as he sprung right back up again, shoving Max violently in the chest, sending him flying into the broken screen, that used to be the sound booth. I watched helplessly from the floor, not knowing what to do, or what Ronnie was gonna do.

“Where are Robert and Monte?!” I managed to scream. If I was gonna stick up for myself, this would be a great time to do it. I glanced at Max, who was clutching his shoulder and writhing in pain. I wanted to go help him, but I had Ronnie to answer to right now.

“Rob and Money, as they should be called,” Ronnie began. “Are locked in that storage cupboard there,” He pointed to where he meant, where the drum kit used to be. “And if your pathetic self doesn’t surrender your position as lead singer, then people get hurt. People you care about.” He pulled a small bottle out of his back pocket, containing a syringe, when I looked closer.

He smiled sadistically, making me sick. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me.

“What the fuck is in there?” I asked, angry. I was seeing red now. Max was still flailing in the corner, yelping in pain whenever he tried to move.

“In here, is a little thing I like to call ‘smack’.” Ronnie began, pacing the room like a typical villain. Smack...I knew it was a street name for a drug, but I couldn’t pinpoint what it was. “Heroin,” Ronnie smiled. “Rob and Money are in that cupboard, off their fucking faces on this,” He shook the bottle in my face. “And if I were to inject anymore of this into their precious musically talented bodies, that would be Game over. Overdose. Dead.” He pocketed the bottle again. I glanced at Max, who glared evilly at Ronnie.

“You fucking sick bastard Radke, as soon as I get hold of you...” Max ripped himself from the broken booth, screaming in a mix of pain and rage, and charging his full, tiny wiry body right at Ronnie. I tried to stand, but I cried out in pain from the amount of splinters in my leg. ’Come on Mabbitt, you have to help Max!’ I thought, pressing all my weight on my injured leg, and hurling myself toward Ronnie as hard as I could, just as Max did.

Max and I’s heads collided, sending me dizzy and knocking me backward onto the linoleum floor with a thud. I heard Max cry out, as I looked up again to see Ronnie and Max brawling. Ronnie’s leg swung in my direction, so on a whim I grabbed it, yanking it toward me and pulling his shoe off. I heard a crack, and Ronnie crying out, blood dripping onto the floor and splattering onto my face. I dared myself to look, Ronnie’s face was covered in crimson, flowing out from his nose which was now crooked due to Max’s touch punch. Ronnie held his nose, panting while Max stood, calming down.

“Fucking do that again, Green!” Ronnie screamed, his temples pulsating and bulging, blood still spilling out on the floor.

“You really want me to?” Max answered back, tightening his blood soaked fist again. Max stepped back, preparing for another punch, just as Ronnie pulled out his deadly weapon. The syringe. Max jumped back, almost tripping over various broken bits of wood.

“Well, Max. You can. But if you do, Mabbitt get’s jacked up,” Suddenly, he grabbed me by the scruff of my neck, forcing me onto my feet, leaving me wince in pain. Ronnie curled his strong prison arm around my neck right, keeping me from escape. He held the needle dangerously close to my arm, which he’d grabbed with his other hand, keeping an extremely tight grip on my wrist. My heart pounded as I struggled. I’d never taken drugs before, and I didn’t wanna be jacked up by anything that Ronnie had cooked up. That needle could have been anywhere.

Max looked frantically around the room, then looking dead into my eyes, then Ronnie’s. His eyes almost burning a deep red as apposed to his usual light brown eyes.

In a few quick movements, Max swiped a plank of wood from behind him, gripping it tightly not caring about the splinters hanging from the plank.

“DUCK!!!” Max screamed, and after that it all happened to fast. I forced myself to duck as Max charged fast toward Ronnie and I, and surprisingly Ronnie let go of me and allowed me to duck, and the next thing I knew I lay on top of a pile of glass and wood, watching Ronnie being knocked to the floor by Max’s forceful rage. He screamed, whacking Ronnie repeatedly over the head, not seeming to care about the increasing pool of blood he was making. Instincts told me to tell him to stop, but this was a man who had put me through hell for a few years. But I couldn’t see Max being put away, not after everything he’s done for me. He certainly kept his word.

“Max!! STOP! You’ll kill him!” I shouted, and Max stopped dead, dropping the wood, out of breath. Just staring at Ronnie’s motionless body. Max snorted, and spat a ball of white onto Ronnie’s body, snarling.

“Crazy motherfucker.” Max muttered, collapsing onto the floor next to me. I sighed.

“You’re telling me,” I half laughed. “We need those keys for the cupboard. Need to see if Robert and Monte are ok,” I stood, holding out my hand to pull a weary, traumatised Max up to his feet. I smiled at him, giving him a man hug as a silent thanks before beginning to search the room.

“I’ll check Ronnie, you check everywhere else,” I offered, bending down to Ronnie’s now pale body. I shoved my hand into his pockets, trying my best not to touch the little bottle that used to contain the syringe which lay by my feet, AWOL.

As I searched Ronnie, I watched his face wearily, being cautious. I didn’t want to wake him, or they really would be hell to pay. And I’m the closest person to him.

“Found ‘em,” Max announced, giving me perfect excuse to stop touching Ronnie. I stood, turning to see Max unlocking the store cupboard. He opened the door, and I came to join him in seeing one of the most horrible sights I’d seen all day.

Apart from Ronnie’s grinning face of course.

Robert and Monte lay on the floor, totally out cold, their once plump, lively skin now cold, hard and blue.

“Oh shit,” Max said, frantically kneeling by their sides, checking each of their wrists, which I stood there dumbfounded. How did all this happen? I wondered.

“Well don’t just fucking stand there, call an ambulance while we can still save their fucking lives! Monte’s pulse is still there but it’s slow,” Max grabbed Robert’s limp wrist, while I scrambled around in my pockets for my phone. We could all use a checking out, including Ronnie, after the incidents.

“And Robert’s is a little faster but it doesn’t mean we have time to spare, fucking GO MABBITT!!” Max shouted. I scrambled faster, finding my phone and dialling 911, hands shaking, palms sweaty as Max clung nervously to his friend’s bodies.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts? COMMENTS??