The Girl at the Rock Show

Stop Me And Steal My Breath

The flight went by pretty fast because both of us slept the entire flight. We didn’t have to wait at baggage claim considering both of us only had a small carry-on’s because we were only going to be here for two days. John grabbed a cab and we decided to go back to his place to take a nap before we went shopping for a dress. We arrived at his apartment a short time after.

“Okay, so this is my humble home.” John said throwing his bag down. It was a nice place. It wasn’t small, but not big, a perfect size for one guy.

“I like it. It’s so clean.” I said looking around.

“Yeah, I’m pretty organized and clean when I’m home. On the bus, not so much.” John laughed.

“Yeah.” I let out a loud yawn.

“Okay, you’ve got two choices. You can sleep in my bed and I’ll crash on the couch or you can be super nice and let me crash with you.” John gave me a cheesy smile.

“Hmmm…well, you can sleep on the couch.” I said and walked into his room and went straight to his bed and under the covers. I looked up and saw John frowning.

“I’m not happy with your choice.” John frowned.

“Eh, you’ll get over it.” I smiled and pretended to go to sleep. I felt a heavy weight on me and opened my eyes to see John lying on top of me.

“I’m going to sleep right here.” He closed his eyes. I pushed him off of me.

“You can sleep next to me.” I laughed and cuddled into him. He threw his arm over me and kissed my forehead before both of us drifted off to sleep.

His alarm on his phone woke us both up signaling that it was time for us to get up and go dress shopping. We went to the mall and went into a small dress boutique. I tried on about twenty dresses. Not one of them was at all flattering. I was starting to get frustrated when John threw a dress over the changing room door. He told me that this was the one.
I put it on and it was absolutely breath taking. It was a long light blue evening gown. It was simple. Just a light blue halter-top dress that hugged my curves. No beading or sparkles or anything else to clutter the dress.

“This is it!” I yelled to John who was waiting.

“Let me see!” He yelled back

“No, you can see it tonight when I’m all ready.” I laughed when I heard him complaining.

After a small fight, John ended up paying for the dress. He’s paid for everything so far. I was starting to feel bad. Every time I offered to pay he would say that he was the one who invited me, so he should be the one to pay. We grabbed something to eat and went home to shower and get ready. It was three, which gave me two hours to shower, do my hair and get dressed. John said we would leave at five and have time to meet his family and stuff before the wedding started at 6:30.

I took a long shower, savoring the moment of actually being in a roomy shower. The one on the bus is the size of a box. I finished showering and put on some shorts and a tank top and blow-dried my hair. I plugged in the curling iron and started to my makeup. I only put on some massacre and a light blue eye shadow that matched my dress. I didn’t want to over do anything. Once my makeup was finished, I curled my hair into tight barrel curls. I pinned up one side with a blue flower clip I got when John wasn’t looking. I looked in the mirror. I’m not conceited or anything, but I looked pretty good. I put on my white heels that I had brought with me and told John I was coming out. I stepped out of his room and he smiled.

“Wow Bella. Just wow!” John smile grew wider causing me to blush.

“You really like it?” I twirled for him to see.

“I love it. It’s not fair to my aunt though. The bride is suppose to be the most beautiful person there and with you in that dress, there is no way to compete.” He put his hands on my hips.

“Thanks John. You look pretty handsome yourself sir.” I said linking my fingers behind his neck. His face started to move closer to mine. He was moving in for kiss, but before he could get there his phone went off.

“It’s my mom.” He mumbled answering his phone. “They’re coming up. Ready to meet my parents?” John asked after hanging up the phone.

“I guess so.” I was nervous. I never have good luck with parents. We heard a knock on the door and John went to answer it. He greeted his parents with giant hugs. I felt awkward just standing there, not really knowing what to say or do. Finally John turned around.

“Mom, Dad, this is Isabella Limma.” He put his arm around my waist. I smiled and gave a small wave.

“Hello dear. I’m Nancy. John’s raved about you for sometime now.” She said shaking my hand. I smiled looking up at John who was looking away.

“I’m John.” John’s father also shook my hand. He seemed a little cold.

“Um, well. Let’s get going yes?” John said probably sensing my discomfort.

The wedding was beautiful. I met all of John’s family, who were all lovely. John’s dad finally warmed up to me and he was actually a very funny man. We were currently at the reception and everyone except for John and me was pretty tipsy. Watching everyone dance was pretty funny. Watching John get embarrassed at his drunken family was even funnier. Finally the music slowed down.

“You want to dance?” John asked not looking at me.

“Of course.” I took his hand and we made our way to the dance floor. “I love this song.” ‘I’ll Be’ by Edwin McCain came through the speakers.

John made sure he had me as close as possible before he started swaying and singing to the music. The whole atmosphere was so romantic. We were outside with flowers and candles all around. It was a beautiful night, not a cloud blocking a single star in the sky. Throughout the entire song John did not tear his eyes away from mine. The butterflies were flapping like crazy in my stomach. This was all too perfect.

“This might be one of the best nights.” John whispered.

“I agree.” I smiled up at him. He took a deep breath.

“Can I kiss you?” John asked suddenly.

“I don’t know can you?” I smirked. He let out a chuckle and leaned down. I closed my eyes and waited for his lips to meet mine. Finally I felt his lips brush up against mine. Everything about tonight turned out perfect.

If only we could stay here and not go back to Warped Tour.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!! YAY! This is pretty long.
I'm super tired though. I got no sleep the entire weekend.
More updates soon though. Maybe later, all depending if I can sleep or not.

COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE.