The Girl at the Rock Show

I'm Addicted To Words And They're Useless

I woke up on the bathroom floor. Everything that happened last night came back to me. I felt horrible for just leaving John like I did, but it was just all too sudden. I didn’t really know how to react or what to say. I got up and opened the door. I looked around and saw no sign of John anywhere. He wasn’t in the apartment. I went into his room to find my cell phone. I finally found it with a note attached to it.

Went out for breakfast and a quick walk.
I’ll be back when we have to go to the airport.
[i[I’m sorry.
Love, John

There it was again, love. I’m still not sure what to make of it. I put the note aside and opened my cell phone. Four missed calls and nine text messages. Three of the calls and five of the messages were from Alex, the rest from William. I figured I would call William first.

“Hello?” I heard a tired William answer.

“Hey did I wake you?” I asked softly.

“No, no. What’s up? You coming back?” He tried to sound more awake.

“Yeah, soon.” I said dimly.

“What’s wrong Belles?” William was now awake.

“Nothing. Don’t worry.” I wasn’t sure if I should tell him or not.

“Don’t lie to me. Tell me.” William demanded.

“John told me he loved me.” I sighed.

“WHAT!? No he didn’t! He can’t love you!” William yelled.

“Why can’t he?” I was offended.

“I didn’t mean it like that Bella. It’s just like, out of nowhere.” He redeemed himself.

“Yeah, I know.” I sighed again.

“Did you say it back?” The way William sounded threw me off. He sounded worried.

“No. I like him, but I don’t love him. I don’t think. I don’t know.” I didn’t solve anything in the bathroom.

“Oh.”

I heard a beep on the other line. Alex. Great.

“Listen Bill, I have to go. I’ll call you the second I’m back on Warped.” We said our goodbyes and I flipped over to Alex.

“Bella baby! Why weren’t you answering?” I heard Alex say from the other side of the phone.

“Sorry, I was dealing with something at the time.” I replied.

“Oh yeah? What happened?” I debated telling Alex. I wasn’t sure what he would do, but I explained the whole story to him including the wedding and John’s ‘I love you’.

“Um, Alex, you there?” He hasn’t said anything for a bit after I finished my story.

“Yeah. Do you love him?” He said dully.

“I like him. Not love him.” I answered honestly.

“So, we’re completely done?” He asked sadly.

“Alex, I don’t know what we are. I shouldn’t have told you this. I’m stupid.” I mumbled.

“I don’t want to talk about this over the phone. All I have to say is that I’m going to fight for you. So I hope Johnny boy is ready for a fight. Bella, you don’t belong with him, William or any other guy for that matter. You belong with me. Just call me the second you’re back. I need to see you.” Alex finished.

“I will.”

“You promise?”

“Promise. I’ll talk to you later Alex.” We both hung up.

That conversation did nothing to help me. I feel like a ping-pong ball being hit back and forth between Alex and John and every now and then William takes a swing. I looked at the time and saw we had to leave in an hour, which meant I needed to pack and shower fast.

I sat on the couch waiting for John to come back. Finally the door swung open and John walked in. He gave me a small smile and went to his room. He came out about five minutes later with his bag in his hands.

“You ready?” He asked.

“Yeah.” I got up and we walked out.

Awkward could be the only word to describe the past four hours of my life. We finally arrive in Washington D.C where we would once again meet up with the Warped Tour. We barely spoke the whole time. Every now and then John would open his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it and turn away. We took a cab and finally reached the place where all the busses were parked.

“Do you want me to walk you back to your bus?” John asked quietly.

“No, I’m okay. Thanks though.” I sent him a small smile.

“I’m really sorry I ruined everything Bella. I’ll stay out of your way.” John said and started walking way.

“John! I don’t want that at all. I just need time to think things through okay?” I looked up at him hopefully.

“Okay. Call me when you’re ready.” He was about to walk away, but he turned around and pecked my lips. We both smiled and he finally left. I took out my cell phone and called William.

“Hello.” I heard William panting.

“Hey. I’m back where are you?” I asked.

“Bus.” Was all he said. I was about to say something else when I heard Krissy’s voice in the background.

“Um, I’m going to go see Alex. I’ll talk to you later.” I hung up on William. It really bothers me that she’s still around and William is still dating her. I called Alex and he told me to meet him on his bus in ten minutes because he had a surprise for me.

I don’t know what he was planning, but I hope it will make me feel better.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! Nsync's falling. I'm glad people know it! But, as promised here is the chapter. Sad thing is I already have the next one practically done, I might put it out soon. Not sure yet.

Comment. Subcribe.