The Girl at the Rock Show

I Don't Mind Spending Everyday, Out On Your Corner

Last night was so much fun. Jack and I really hit it off. He was so much fun to hang out with. We joked about everything, the way we danced, the way other people danced, the way Gabe looked drunk and throwing up all over the girl he was dancing with, everything. He was a gentleman too. He walked me back to my bus because he didn’t want the ninja monkey’s getting me, or so he said.

Today, I doubt will be as interesting as yesterday. Today is the first day of Warped. I got up around 9 to set everything up. I quickly met up with Mike Carden and Chizzy to grab some breakfast. I hadn’t seen William since yesterday morning, which was odd because we always hung out at parties. After breakfast I went back to the merch table and waited for the gates to open. About fifteen minutes later I saw kids starting to make their way to other merch tables and to the stages.

The day was dragging on so slowly. It was so hot out, it felt and looked like it was going to pour and most of the kids were loud and annoying. It was the first day and I was already tired of extra large girls asking for small shirts. I said to one of them that I didn’t think it would fit, not to be rude, but to help her out, and she yelled at me. Whatever, waste your money. I was in between Gym Class Heroes tent and a band I never heard of called The Maine.

Every now and then one of the boys would stop by to offer a quick hello and water or stay and help for a bit. William has yet to show up. Around 5 TAI had to play, so I was left all alone. I saw William on stage and they played a magnificent set. I’m in awe of all of them when they play. William announced that they would be signing at their tent in a few and left the stage. The Maine merch guy turned to me and wished me good luck. Not even five seconds later a swarm of teenage girls came to the table with requests for shirts, posters and the boys numbers. I tried as hard as I could to form a line but none of it was working.

They boys finally decided to show up after what seemed like an eternity. William gave me a quick kiss on my forehead and apologized for not being around. Tony said I could take a break, but I couldn’t go far because once the boys were done I would be needed again to handle merch. I started to make my way out of the tent when I tripped over a box that was hidden under the tent’s flap. I hit the floor on my hands and knees and let out a cry. I felt a pair of arms around help lift me up.

“Oh my God! Are you okay? That looked painful!” I heard the voice that belonged to the pair of arms that were still currently around my waist.

“Um yeah, I’m a klutz. That just hurt a lot. It’s just not my day.” I replied looking up at the boy who helped me. His eyes went wide as he looked into mine.

“Oh, well, um, come to my bus and I’ll help clean your cuts. If you want me to, if not I’ll just…”
“That would be great. I need a few band-aids” I cut him off; although he was kind of cute when he rambled.

“Ok this way.” He started walking. I went to follow him, but it hurt to walk. My knees were covered in blood and I could tell already bruised. He slowed down his pace.

“Do you want me to, uh, carry you?” I laughed. He was too cute.

“No, we just need to slow down when walking.” We started walking again. My pain was gradually increasing. I didn’t think it could get any worse until I felt a few raindrops. I picked up my pace a little bit, but it did no good because two seconds later it started to pour. The rain made my cuts burn so bad.

Before I knew what was happening the boy swooped me up bridal style and ran to the busses. We finally got into a bus, which I was assuming was his, and he place me down on the couch.

“I’ll be right back.” He said and went to the back of the bus. I was slightly embarrassed and grateful that he did what he did and didn’t just leave me for dead. He came back with peroxide, some gauze pads and a few band-aids. He also handed me a towel so I could dry off.

“This is probably going to hurt, but it needs to be done.” He said.

“I’m Isabella.” I blurted out. I realized I didn’t even know his name and he was already being my knight in shining armor.

“John.” He smiled. He was gorgeous. He quickly cleaned out my cuts and bandaged me up.

“Listen thanks for everything. The whole carrying me and cleaning me up, I really appreciate it.” I smiled up at him. “It’s not every day you meet a guy who’s willing to get soaked for a stranger.”

“I’m sure you can find a few guys who would stand out in the rain for a pretty girl like you.” He blushed and turned away. He excused himself and went in the back to change out of his wet clothes.

“I’m TAI’s merch girl.” I’m so lame. I got a nice compliment from a really good-looking guy and that’s what I say.

“Oh, I’m in the band The Maine. I sing.” He said meekly. He was so shy. It was cute.

“That’s awesome, I’ll have to check you guys out.” He smiled at me.

The bus door opened and on came a group of boys. They said a quick hello to me and told John it had stopped raining and they needed to set up for their set. We all walked off the bus and the rest of the guys started to walk away.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you, um, around.” He turned to look at me.

“Yeah definitely. Thanks again, for everything, John.” He nodded his head and walked away

And I said today wasn’t going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! John Oh! <3 This is pretty long. I love this one though <3 'She Will Be Loved' by Maroon 5 is what inspired this chapter, and probably a lot of the other John Oh chapters.
I have one more update left in me. I haven't decided whether it will be this one or my other story. If you want it to be this one let me know!

But thanks for reading. Comment/Subscribe. Love you all.