The Lightning Strike

Eyes That Watch

“And now, for the freshman address, freshman representative Light Yagami.” Said Tohl’s Vice Principal, Madatori Ryuzki.
“Yes.”, called a slightly pompous voice that was very…stuck up. Like he was only there because he had to be. Like he had been groomed for success his whole life, and figured this whole thing was just a waste of time.
“And freshman representative, Hideki Ryuga.”
“Oh, uh, here.” Called a voice that was a bit more uncouth, but…(yes, I blushed slightly at this thought) very cute. I heard them both stand. I could feel the vibrations of their feet stepping across the ground, shaking the darkness in which I stood.
These were they.

Light Yagami was definitely the malevolent, dark soul. Hideki Ryuga was the calmer soul. I stretched my consciousness from my soul, the invisible bond between the two stretched taut.
I got close enough to be able to tell which soul was which, but not close enough for their spirit energy to react. Their souls were so strong, so blinding, that it was almost as if they had slid, unnoticed into my sea of blackness, and they were the only other lights except for me. The bright, pure, intelligent, caring, yet selfish and withdrawn blue glow that carried both evil and good within it emanated from Hideki Ryuga’s spirit. The hot, red beam of light was as luscious and dark as a ripe apple; mysterious, influencing and bright and vivid as blood, radiated from the soul of Light Yagami.
As I watched the two men walk to the front of the auditorium, (of course tracing them by their consciousnesses), I was the bright, lonely white light, as pure as someone who has killed can be, standing on the side-lines, watching an invisible war.
I was the referee in a match to the death.
Even though I knew that none of the three of us had ever heard of each other before now, I knew that these men were against each other the minute they had set eyes on the other person.
I was just an aware bystander, hoping that no-one would be killed.

But there was one thing that was clear. I would have to talk to one of them sooner or later, and become a part of the battle.
But who should I choose?

---

I ignored the rest of the ceremony. Including Yagami and Ryuga. I just wished I could get the hell out of the auditorium. Although I did feel Yagami’s stress level become unbalance, which resulted in his spirit energy bristling in anger, but I ignored it best I could.
Once the ceremony ended, I bolted straight out of my seat and reached the doors before everyone else. Which…kind of creeped a lot of students out, and kind of stopped me in my tracks when I realized how weird that must’ve looked. In fact, my boltage drew the attention of both Yagami and Ryuga, which made me really anxious for some reason. Everyone just kind of hushed. I gave a very quiet, nervous giggle. This made me want to scram even faster.
So when the doorman opened the door, I kind of did a weird little skippy thing that was a cross between a run and a skip while zooming out the doors.
But I did walk quite normally after that.
After I left, hordes of people began to file out of the auditorium, talking loudly and laughing with each other. Everyone seemed to forget my little incident from about ten seconds before. Standing in the foyer, I smoothed out my school skirt and opened my silvery/bronze purse in search of my cell phone. I texted my friend Destrey telling him to come and pick me up, then shut my flip phone with a snap. I began making my way through the crowded doorway that led to my freedom. (Otherwise know as ‘outside’)
When I got through the crowd, I scooted away from everyone and leaned against a pillar…that just happened to be right behind Hideki Ryuga.
When I realized where I had chosen to stand I blinked a couple of times and felt like panicking.
‘Shitbags! Why did I have to choose the pillar right behind him?! What is wrong with me? What if he thinks I’m spying on him?!’
So didn’t say anything. I tried to act as though nothing was up. I leaned against the pillar and looked up at the concrete ceiling.
‘Of course I know I’m blind, but he doesn’t know that, right?’
“Hey, Light.”
My eyes widened, but other than that I refused to move. I heard footsteps cease, and I realized that it was Yagami that had been going to walk past.
“-Uh, nice meeting you.” I heard Ryuga say.
“No. The pleasure was mine.” Replied Yagami in a controlled manner.
And with that Ryuga began to walk away, over to a black car that was waiting for him. I couldn’t help it. I took my eyes away from the ceiling and watched him walk past out of force of habit. I blinked.
“What an amazing car!” I heard someone say.
“A Limousine?” replied another.

“Well, I’m sure I’ll see you on campus.” Said Ryuga, getting into the car as an old man held the door open for him.
“Uh, yeah. Take care.” Said Yagami.

“That kid must come from some serious money.” Continued the other boy.
“-And he’s at the top of the class? Where’s the justice?” said his friend.

I let out a long breath and turned my head as I heard Destrey calling my name.
“Oi! Wanda! Get over here! I had to leave in the middle of the band rehearsal to come pick you up; Joel’s getting mad.” He yelled.
“Coming!” I said loudly, turning away from the pillar and running over to the dark green, beat up van with band stickers all over it. I smiled.

This year was going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
ughh...this story is soooo bad!