If I Hate You, How Is It That I Love You?

Penguins

After awhile, we finally got to the Central Park Zoo. My brain was still trying to process the fact that Matt was my boyfriend now (even if it only happened a few minutes ago). After years of fighting with him, a few days in New York changed that.

"We are seeing the penguins first," I said as soon as we were in.

"What's with you and penguins?" Matt laughed.

"Penguins are awesome! Have you not seen them? They're so cute and they're fun and they walk funny!" Matt laughed again, shaking his head. "What? What exactly do you think is awesome?"

"I don't know. I never really thought about it."

"Then in your face!"

"Why in my face?"

"Because you admitted penguins are awesome."

"No I didn't."

"Yes you did because you never proved penguins weren't awesome." Matt was quiet for a moment.

"Bitch," he muttered.

"But that's why you love me!" I clapped a hand over my mouth. I hadn't meant to say love. "Uh, I... I didn't mean it like that! I... I just... uh...." I stammered.

"It's okay," Matt interrupted. The blush that had risen to my cheeks was still evident. "So to the penguins?" I nodded vigorously. I don't exactly trust my mouth right now. Following the map I had gotten at the entrance, I led the way to the penguins. Just as we got there, one fell into the pool surrounding the little island thing they were on. Matt started laughing at it. I smacked his arm. I probably ended up hurting myself more than hurting him. "Hey! What was that for?" he yelled.

"Don't laugh at the penguin! It's mean!"

"It's not like he knows I'm laughing at him."

"It's still mean. I'm not talking to you." I pretended to pout, crossed my arms, and turned my back to him.

"Oh, come on, Kat. It's just a penguin." I pretended to ignore him. "Come on, Katie! Talk!" I closed my eyes to avoid looking at him. "I know how to get you to talk." By the tone of his voice, I knew he was smirking. I felt myself being spun around and then I felt his lips on mine. The sparks flew again.

"Holy crap," I muttered when he pulled back.

"Ha. I got you to talk to me," he said triumphantly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fillerish, I know. Comment please. +D