Cupid's Chokehold

Chapter 1

"Man, check that lil' chica out!" Gabe's eyes are following the new girl, but his head is facing me.

"Ella tiene un buen culo!" he sticks his head in his locker, about as much in love as I am.

"Come on, man! I can't understand your Spanish shit," I shake my head at him, my eyes taking in this beautiful girl.

Her body is sculpted, legs muscular, arms toned, chest rather large, but more boobs can't hurt a brother, can it?

Her hair is white blonde, her skin just as snowy, her eyes two candles of green flame.

How come there are never any hot girls like her around? I think, a feeling of hate for the city Boise in my stomach.

The school is in lock down, has been since a week before when a dumbass decided to shoot up the school. Luckily, no one was hurt, but the school board is paranoid.

"Go talk to her, bro," Gabe shoves me in her direction, a smile on his face.

I glance back at him, but gulp nervously before I am standing next to her.

"Hey," I blurt, my hands disappear into my pockets.

"Hey," she turns her face, and I feel my heart thump erratically.

"I like your eyebrow piercing," I point to her left eye.

"Thanks, I like your.." she motions to my Monroe piercing.

"Monroe piercing," I smile at her loss of words.

Her face glows with an embarrassed tug of her lips.

"So what's your name?" I realize how much taller I am than she is.

"Samaira. You?" her teeth are perfect, rows of brilliant white.

"Travis..But call me Travey," I tell her.

I hate my name. It's the dumbest name on the planet.

"You can call me Sam then," Sam pushes a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Deal. What cha have this hour?" I hate to make her late when the bell rings.

People shove around us, and I catch Sam's arm when someone bumps into her, nearly spilling her onto the floor.

"Umm.." she takes out her schedule, "Algebra 2..What about you?"

"Same. Sweet! Please tell me you're good at it," I grin down on her.

"No," she gives an apologetic shrug, and shifts her bag on her shoulder.

"Ahh. Well, we'll just fail together," I raise my hand to give her a high five.

She does the same, and I gently pat my hand against hers.

This simple contact causes the wires in my brain to sizzle.

"I mean, I do all right. But I'm just not...That great," Sam tilts her head back, and gives a light giggle.

The bell rings, and the noise echoes around the building, cliques separate and rush to class.

"Crap. We're late," I take her elbow, and lead her along to the classroom.

"Sorry 'bout that, Miss Handler. I was helping show Sam around," I let her enter before me, then follow.

"Oh..Okay, that's fine. Just take a seat," Miss Handler turns to Sam.

"Can I see your school transfer sheet?" Handler's owly eyes blink rapidly behind her glasses.

Sam whisks it out, and waits for Miss Handler to sign.

"If you want, you may sit beside Travis," she resumes her place in front of the board.

I ignore my name, wished she'd call me Travey.

Sam smiles at me, then slid into the seat in front of me.

Her bottom is almost in my face for a millisecond, and I suck in a deep breath.

"Were you on circles in Colorado?" Miss Handler snatches a paper airplane from Jimmy Knox, one of several jocks.

"Yeah. Somewhere around there," I hear a smile in her voice.

"Okay. Now!" she turns to the board.

<*>
"That class is boring as hell," I ran a hand down my face, unable to remember what Miss Handler said.

"Yeah. At least you got a nap out of it," Sam covers her mouth modestly, and stifles a yawn.

"You can sleep now. It's lunchtime," I grin.

"But I'm hungry. I'm not a multi tasker," she takes off her jacket, and I am trying with all I have not to stare at her chest.

She opens her locker, stuffs in her jacket.

"Then come eat with me. I hate going in there by myself. Everyone stares at me," I hold out my arm.

She looks at my hair, then at me.

"What's for lunch?" she takes it, and we start to the cafeteria.

"Iono. Hopefully nuttin' nasty," I curl my lip up.

"What a face. I take it it's pretty bad," Sam raises her eyebrow.

I nod.

We enter the cafeteria, a smell of mashed potatoes, and some kind of rotten meat fills my nose.

"Eww. You didn't exaggerate. It smells pretty rank," she scrunches her nose.

I laugh.

All eyes are on us, every guy in the building green with envy.

Samaira is the only thing they'd been able to talk about all morning.

"You wanna just sit outside?" light from outside catches her eyes, the green is more lurid than humanly possible.

I just nod, I am bewitched by her beauty.

I walk an inch behind her, enchanted by the way she is moving.

"You've lived here your whole life?" we come to a picnic table.

"Yep..Been going to school with the same sorry bastards since kindergarten," I sit beside her.

"Hehe. Surely they're not that bad," I notice her hair is wavy, and her skin is flawless.

"Nah. I've just had it rough," I straighten my hat.

"Oh..They picked on you?" her eyes are sympathetic.

"Yeah. But they can't break me down," I pop my shirt with a smile.

She giggles.

"What kind of music do you listen to?" she places her elbow on her knee, and her chin in her hand.

I am in love with the way the sun makes her hair shimmer like gold.

"Umm...Rock..Some rap," I shrug, "you?"

"Rock, death metal. What people call "scary shit"," she makes quotation marks with her fingers.

"Ahh. Come on, now. You ain't scary," I assure her.

"Thanks. You're like the only person who's said that so far."

"Seriously? You've had like, ten thousand people talk to you already," I twist my Monroe ring.

"Yeah..But most of them were guys. I could see the way they were looking at me, and I'm sure they're not worried about me being scary," her arms wrap around her stomach.

"Ahh. I'm sorry. There's a lot of guys here like that," I feel bad for her.

"Don't worry about it. They can look but they can't touch," her voice is sassy.

"Atta girl," I give her a high five.

Sam giggles.

Stragglers from lunch are coming outside now, and I begin to feel a little uncomfortable.

"I hate being in public," it is like she read my mind.

"You do? Me too. I feel so...Vulnerable," I smile.

"Yes, very," she moves her feet.

And then gives the most adorable squeal I have ever heard in my life.

"Eww! God, I hate spiders!" she stomps her foot on the bench, and smashes the tiny spider.

"It was little bitty though," I reason, laughter is bubbling in my throat.

"Even the little bitty ones are ugly!" she points out, then rubs her arms.

Her sleeve is pushed up a tad, and I see a red slash on her wrist.

"What happened there?" I pat my own wrist.

"Oh. My cat got me," she shrugs her shoulders.

"You have a cat?" I ignore the thought that she is lying to me about her cut.

"Yeah. His name is King Leon," Sam is obviously proud of him.

"Haha. Cute name. I wish I could have pets. My mama and brother are allergic to 'em though," I raise my eyebrows.

"Aww. That sucks! I'd be lost without my cat. He's almost like a best friend," she reveals.

I grin.

I hear her stomach growl, and turn to her.

"Wow. I speak stomach, and it's saying "Feed mee!"" I make my voice squeaky.

She gives a genuine laugh, and it is sweeter than a bird singing.

"I don't eat breakfast. I always forget," Sam tosses her hair over her shoulder.

I like the mint green shirt she is wearing; it is close to the shade of her eyes.

I also like the fact that it is low cut, but that's just my dick thinking.

The bell rings for us to return to class.

"What do you have now?" I ask when we are in the building.

"Chemistry, I think," she runs a hand through her hair.

"Damn! I have P.E," I grimace.

"Aww. That does suck. You're the only person I kinda know," her eyes appear frightened.

"It's okay. I think my friend Gabe has Chemistry too. He'll help ya out," I wave at Gabe, who is looking at me like he knows what's up.

"Sup, nigg?" Gabe slaps my hand, then slaps my back, "who's this lovely lady?"

"Nuttin' really, bro. This is Samaira, Sam, Gabe," I introduce the two quickly.

"Nice to meet you," she smiles at him.

He takes her hand and kisses it.

"Ahh, linda, linda!" he acts as if he'd been shot by Cupid.

Sam giggles.

"Aight, man. You might scare her," I tease, "but yeah, she has Chemistry next. So, if you would, could you show her around a little?"

"Yeah, no problem," Gabe takes out his book, and gestures for Sam to follow.

"See you later, Travey," Sam gives me a timid wave.

I smile, and look in my locker.

Jesus, I have never acted this way with other girls.

She is just a girl.

I shut my locker, and begin my way to P.E.

When I get to the gym, the bell is already ringing.

"McCoy! You're late!" Coach Benton hollers.

"Sorry, Coach," I mumble, and I sit on the bottom of the bleachers.

"You're gonna be. Thanks to you, the whole class has to run until everyone of them puke," he states, then blows his whistle.

"Get on the floor and start running! If I catch anyone walking, we'll start over!" Coach barks.

With a sigh, I get up and begin to run.

About my second lap, someone cuffs me in the shoulder.

"Thanks, stupid nigger," Jimmy Knox spits in my ear.

He speeds ahead of me.

"You're welcome," I mutter to myself.

<*>
"Rough hour?" I hear Sam's uplifting voice at my side.

"Yeah," I take off my jacket and swipe at the sweat on my face.

"Chemistry wasn't that bad. Gabe's crazy. I see why you two get along so well," she licks her lips.

"Hey! So I'm crazy now?" I stuff my jacket away.

"Of course not," she laughs.

"You meaner. What cha got now?"

"Agriculture, you?" Sam is walking in sync with me.

"Same," I beam.

"Yay!" it surprises me when she slides her arm within the crook of mine.

Gabe waves us in as if we are an airplane, and we sit with him.

"Wanna play cards?" he whips out a deck of cards.

"Sure."

"How 'bout naked peekaboo?" Gabe slyly grins at Sam.

"Fuck no, man! That ain't right," I laugh at him.

"Fine! You're no fun," he pooches out his bottom lip, and he looks like a child.

" What's naked peekaboo? Well, never mind, I'm excluded. I don't get cards. They're smarter than me," she shakes her head no.

"Basically, it's strip poker," I inform her.

"Imma beat your ass, Travey!" Gabe says smugly.

"Sure, sure. Anything to boost that little ego of yours, eh?" I joke.

"Shut up. My ego's just fine," he slaps down a card, and pretends to look fierce.

"You guys are nuts," Sam takes a notebook from her bag; there is a twinkle in her eye.

Our game is in full swing when Sam stands up.

"I gotta use the bathroom. Be right back," she announces.

"Thanks for the announcement, chica," Gabe's eyes aren't retreating from the game.

She leaves.

"God, that girl is fucking hot," I hear Danny Stevens say aloud.

"Tell me 'bout it. I wish I could take her in the bathroom, bend her over and-"

"Alright, we don't wanna hear your masturbation plans," Danny cuts the guy off.

Rounds of laughter go around the room.

I feel anger bite at me, and I want to get up and smash my fist into their filthy mouths.

"I bet you guys anything that I can get into her pants before the end of the year," Danny muses to his posse.

"Please, she might whip out a knife and slit your throat before you get that far," someone scoffs.

"Nah. I've got four months," Danny's tone is thoughtful.

"I'll give you 20 bucks if you do, and do your homework all next year," a guy wagers.

"Deal. And trust me, I got this," I can hear the cockiness and confidence of his overlarge spirits.

Sam comes back into the room, and resumes her spot.

"Did I miss anything?" she picks up her pen.

"Nope," Gabe looks conspitorally into my eyes.

He is looking at me as if to say "You're not gonna let that happen, are you?"

I ain't about to let the most gorgeous creature alive get used by a fucking asshole.

There is no way Danny Stevens is getting Sam.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a different road for me to take. I'm not sure if I'll continue it, but I'll prolly write on it if I'm stuck on my other story. :) Lemme know whatcha think! Comments would be awesome :D