Status: Considering its demise...

Zap!

The Strange Ones

Mutation; it is the key to our evolution. True, but how many know of their mutation? I, for example, did not know of my mutation until my 18th year in June 8, 2007. This is an accurate account of the first year I spent with Team Black and my discovery of a rather shocking power.
June 8, 2007.
I was walking home from my best friend's 18th birthday party. She had been so excited to be considered a legal adult, but her party was very childlike. Then I heard what sounded like gunfire and loud pounding. It was coming from the direction of my house. I started to run. When I got there I saw rubble surrounding three men dressed in leather... jumpsuits?I don't know what to call them, but they were really cool. They looked designer-made, and each man had a different color trim. Before the men was a huge mountain of a man. He had crude armor on and a really big gun strapped to his back. He smiled when he saw me.
"Oh, look. A human." His voice was sickening; like nails on a chalkboard.

The three men whipped their heads back and I finally saw their faces. The man with the dark blue trim had "surfer boy" hair and insanely bright blue eyes. The man with the hi-lighter green trim had the blackest skin and eyes I had ever seen. But the man with the red trim caught my attention. He had dark brown hair that was just long enough to reach his tense, square jaw. He had full lips and a strong nose. But his eyes captivated me. They were a pale violet, beautiful, and focused.
"Genius, I thought you had every human under your control!" Green-trim hissed.
"I do!" Blondie hissed back.
The violet eyes widened, along with the armored man's. The second smiled. The first ran towards me, threw me over his shoulder, and kept running. When he threw me over his shoulder, I saw a snake with a female human head lunging for my throat. What looked like green acid was dripping from her mouth. I gasped and gripped the man's shoulders tightly.The snake slithered to the armored man and looped herself around his neck. The man pulled a platinum gun out from the back of his armor.
"Aw, hell!" The blonde guy groaned.
Fire started to shoot from the gun. The black man picked up the blonde and ran. At least I think he ran. A black blur sped past us. Then, I don't know what came over me. I felt the need to protect, to defend. Suddenly, the power to do that was available to me. I needed, wanted to use it. A soft blue haze fell over my eyes. Electricity prickled at my scalp, and lightning flashed before my eyes.
"What the hell's going on?" A new voice yelled. The guy carrying me, I realized. Wind picked at my hair and lifted it straight up. I focused my gaze on the armored man and his snake girlfriend. Hewas struggling to stay on the ground and the snake had sunk her teeth into the leather of his armor. A lightning bolt shot down from the sky and hit the man in the head. That's the last thing I remember before I passed out.